It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,409
Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Question Couple questions about gluten???

I just noticed that the cereal I eat called high low has gluten in it, and also these cereal bars I give my 2 year old. In another post Losec, you said children need these foods to grow but adults should eliminate it. Should I continue to give her those whole grain organic cereal bars? And, does oatmeal have gluten in it? I usually have whole grain pasta once a week, you said there is corn pasta? In the regular spagetti aile? I've always had constipation problems, since I was a child and I'm wondering if gluten is the problem. I'm going to give it up for a few weeks to see what happens. I was just about to go to the doc, finally, about this. And what about waffles, I eat these whole grain waffles sometimes too. Do they have gluten free waffles. I have a feeling that gluten is the culprit. I dunno, I'm not sure but I'll see. Oh, do pretzles have gluten in them?

Last edited by Jess75; 12-24-2004 at 07:36 PM.

 
Old 12-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

hey jess..well you are a big girl and, very smart..eat what does you good..never mind docs.

maybe you can handle some gluten..and, yeah your girl proly needs it to grow up..unless he is intolerant to it..then he can't have it..normally when little kiddies have nightmares or vomit on a regular bases..or are negative and, scared of school..or other kids, maybe you need to get that checked out... that is defenetly related to food..
and, yes constipation is a symtom of gluten..i had major constipation in my life on and, off..lol never really knew why..seriously..i was taking metamucil..eww it was helping but, i never got to the culprit, cuz i never knew..you are very smart..i can tell.. just try it with the grains switch with buckwheat waffles or, corn..etc same with the bread..pasta etc..if you see a change then maybe you are sensitive to it..and, don't worry, its for the better..it might take a little time to see a differents(couple weeks) you will also see a differents in your stools as it won't smell as much..or maybe won't smell at all..in my case it doesn't..it is the wheat that gives that nasty smell along with all the preservatives that we eat...because these things are very toxic.. just let me know.. ..your body proly just wants healthier foods

don't panic jess..we will fix this..
and, yes the stuff your are eating has gluten in it..but, your oatmeal should be fine..i can't have oatmeal because im to sensitive but, you can..its proly your morning cereals or the waffles..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-19-2004 at 06:07 PM.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,409
Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
hey jess..well you are a big girl and, very smart..eat what does you good..never mind docs.

maybe you can handle some gluten..and, yeah your girl proly needs it to grow up..unless he is intolerant to it..then he can't have it..normally when little kiddies have nightmares or vomit on a regular bases..or are negative and, scared of school..or other kids, maybe you need to get that checked out... that is defenetly related to food..
and, yes constipation is a symtom of gluten..i had major constipation in my life on and, off..lol never really knew why..seriously..i was taking metamucil..eww it was helping but, i never got to the culprit, cuz i never knew..you are very smart..i can tell.. just try it with the grains switch with buckwheat waffles or, corn..etc same with the bread..pasta etc..if you see a change then maybe you are sensitive to it..and, don't worry, its for the better..it might take a little time to see a differents(couple weeks) you will also see a differents in your stools as it won't smell as much..or maybe won't smell at all..in my case it doesn't..it is the wheat that gives that nasty smell along with all the preservatives that we eat...because these things are very toxic.. just let me know.. ..your body proly just wants healthier foods

don't panic jess..we will fix this..
and, yes the stuff your are eating has gluten in it..but, your oatmeal should be fine..i can't have oatmeal because im to sensitive but, you can..its proly your morning cereals or the waffles..
Thanks for the compliment, I have alot more learning to do obviously. Anyways, do they sell gluten free waffles, pasta and cereal for sure? DOES oatmeal have gluten in it? And does Buckweat have gluten in it? I'm really going to give it up because I'm so SICK of being constipated. LOL I gave up milk for quite a while, switched to soy till I found out about how too much of THAT is bad, then switched to rice mlk for about 2 weeks and the constipation still remained. THanks for you help!

 
Old 12-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

..oatmeal has a little gluten in it..its contamination gluten..but, you are not a full blown celiac..lol so a little contamination won't kill you..and, for the waffles..yes they have everything you need..i get my stuff at lowblaws and, at the health food store..lowblaws has alot..waffles, cereals, muffins, bread, pretzels, cookies, mustards, soya suace..salad dressings..all this stuff..
It is up to you to make this change..if it is for the better then go for it..

i thought that list you made was all you ate..?

s y soon

 
Old 12-19-2004, 08:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,409
Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
..oatmeal has a little gluten in it..its contamination gluten..but, you are not a full blown celiac..lol so a little contamination won't kill you..and, for the waffles..yes they have everything you need..i get my stuff at lowblaws and, at the health food store..lowblaws has alot..waffles, cereals, muffins, bread, pretzels, cookies, mustards, soya suace..salad dressings..all this stuff..
It is up to you to make this change..if it is for the better then go for it..

i thought that list you made was all you ate..?

s y soon
I did mention the cereal, but I forgot to include the waffles which are on occasion in the morning. I think I did mention oatmeal, and my daughter eats the cereal bars. I just hate this constipation thing, and if the gluten isn't the problem, then I'm going to see my doc. I go to whole foods health store, so what brand should I look for? Do they sell glutino at whole foods health food store?? Thanks

Last edited by Jess75; 12-19-2004 at 08:20 PM.

 
Old 12-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

well me i get the mesa corn waffles or the buckwheat ones..bread is the glutino one(flax)..muffins(glutino)..cereals(nat ure path)..cookies(glutino or pamelas mm)..pasta..i get mrs.leepers, very good..or rice pasta from rizopia..there are so many to choose from... but maybe for the bread you can go with Kamut bread..its got just a little little gluten in it...maybe you don't hafta go 100% gluten free, you might freak yourself out..keep me posted i will help all i can
don't woory bout the little one, if she's happy with what she's eating then leave it like that..as long as she sleeps ok with no nightmares..or vomiting..or anemia..etc..then don't worry.. .. the bad thing about my diet is..if i go to a wedding i gotta bring my lunch..lol

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-19-2004 at 08:21 PM.

 
Old 12-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,409
Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
well me i get the mesa corn waffles or the buckwheat ones..bread is the glutino one(flax)..muffins(glutino)..cereals(nat ure path)..cookies(glutino or pamelas mm)..pasta..i get mrs.leepers, very good..or rice pasta from rizopia..there are so many to choose from... but maybe for the bread you can go with Kamut bread..its got just a little little gluten in it...maybe you don't hafta go 100% gluten free, you might freak yourself out..keep me posted i will help all i can
don't woory bout the little one, if she's happy with what she's eating then leave it like that..as long as she sleeps ok with no nightmares..or vomiting..or anemia..etc..then don't worry.. .. the bad thing about my diet is..if i go to a wedding i gotta bring my lunch..lol
Thanks alot for all your help!! I just want to feel normal.

 
Old 12-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

well jess you will..im pretty sure..
its like putting the right gas in a car..it will defenatly run better..

 
Old 12-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,383
auntjudyg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Just my 2 cents . . . I must admit I'm not terribly fond of buckwheat pancakes and the like . . . but I do love buckwheat pasta (aka soba noodles) . . . and I would go with rice pasta rather than corn. But that's just me!

 
Old 12-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,383
auntjudyg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

p.s. back to the original question . . . I'm not sure there is any point in stressing out over a little gluten here and there except where necessary . . . BUT, it would be good to get as varied a diet as possible from as young an age as possible. That said, wheat is in SO MANY prepared foods (followed by soy and corn). So it's worth seeking out alternatives as much as possible.

 
Old 12-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

aunty..i no..the gluten and, soy are in so many things..
but they are in all the crap..like canned soups(cambells)..frozen diners..eww that stuff stinks a mile away..thats why it is so toxic..well, imo/ these prepared foods shouldn't be eatin by anyone wheather of allergies or not..those are total crap i call those fake foods..dead calories of course..oyi jess..i called that company and, they told me that everything in there is natural..so you are fine with that dressing...keep it up ..i bought this new typ of pasta its called pastato..made with potatoes, the box is really heavy..oh well ttyl..

see ya

 
Old 12-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,409
Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Exclamation Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Good, so the dressing isn't that bad huh? Oh, and I want to try corn pasta, is it better than wheat or what?

Last edited by Jess75; 12-20-2004 at 02:35 PM.

 
Old 12-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

hehe, yes it is better for you..the wheat one is very sticky..its proly sticking in your gutt..thats why you have problems when you go..

 
Old 12-20-2004, 05:32 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,409
Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
hehe, yes it is better for you..the wheat one is very sticky..its proly sticking in your gutt..thats why you have problems when you go..
Okay, I'll keep you posted about the results of my gluten free diet. I was trying to ask if the corn pasta TASTES better than wheat. Let me know.

 
Old 12-20-2004, 05:48 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,658
Losec20mg HB User
Re: Couple questions about gluten???

hi jess.. the taste is a little diferent but, really its all in the sauce..What kind of sauce will it be..?? no what? i mix in cottage cheese in my pasta..mmium.
the two i use

mrs.leepers
veneziana

those two are really good..

jess are you sure you want to go all the way..gluten free..??

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-20-2004 at 05:51 PM.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
new CD with questions rjbucknell Nutritional Disorders 18 10-31-2005 02:50 AM
GF/CF Diet Questions? rywilli25 Autism Spectrum 1 07-23-2004 11:33 AM
a couple questions...... DrFunk Acne 3 03-25-2004 10:58 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



JohnR41 (17), sjb (8), janewhite1 (7), tjlhb (5), Administrator (4), Machaon (4), bdrunner79 (4), ladybud (3), esker (2), Yavanna (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (857), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (773), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!