It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #1

ocurt HB User
Icecream

Hello all... first let me start off by saying I used to have an eating disorder, dropped about 30 lbs. and I'm only 14. I still struggle with it sometimes... and i guess this is where that problem comes in. I'm healthy now, not over or under weight. Sometimes I have weird eating habits, though. Such as this: Almost EVERY morning I wake up and eat a big bowl of icecream w/ tons of toppings. Then I wont eat anything else the rest of the day. I can actually LOSE weight when I do this. Usually around 1 lb. a day. BUT when I eat healthy, such as in cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch, apple for snack and a small dinner, I GAIN weight! I don't understand it. Can someone please explain?

Old 12-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Icecream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocurt
Hello all... first let me start off by saying I used to have an eating disorder, dropped about 30 lbs. and I'm only 14. I still struggle with it sometimes... and i guess this is where that problem comes in. I'm healthy now, not over or under weight. Sometimes I have weird eating habits, though. Such as this: Almost EVERY morning I wake up and eat a big bowl of icecream w/ tons of toppings. Then I wont eat anything else the rest of the day. I can actually LOSE weight when I do this. Usually around 1 lb. a day. BUT when I eat healthy, such as in cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch, apple for snack and a small dinner, I GAIN weight! I don't understand it. Can someone please explain?
Number one, you are losing water weight and the reason you lose a lb a day is because it's ALL water. Number two, a healthy way to lose weight is to only lose 2lbs a week. WHen you eat healthy, your body is saying "ahhhhh, thank you for feeding me cause I was holding on to all these fat stores for suvival, and taking water!" So that's where the weight loss comes in. You WON"T see long term results from just eating ICECREAM all day, cause the weight is going to come back on cause your body NEEDS a certain caloric intake, and yours was obviously too low. I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be rude, but that is not a smart way to lose weight. Although you said you have an eating disorder, so that could be it. Your body from starving, is just waiting to be fed, that's why you gain weight, but it's all water weight cause it's IMPOSSIBLE to lose 1lb of fat a day. You have to restrict 3500 calories in one day and how are you going to do that when your intake is a little more than half that amount!! How are you doing now? Your not going to continue that tedious cycle of eating icecream and starving youself are you? That's kinda dumb! Let me know, I wish you the best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #3

ocurt HB User

Thanks... I knew it was wrong, but I think I just needed someone to tell that to me to make me stop. I'll be eating healthy now... thanx so much!! You have no idea how much that helped me. Now I feel kinda stupid lol

Old 12-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #4

ocurt HB User

Thanks... I knew it was wrong, but I think I just needed someone to tell that to me to make me stop. I'll be eating healthy now... thanx so much!! You have no idea how much that helped me. Now I feel kinda stupid lol

Old 12-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Well yah, you are very young...I'm glad you won't be doing that anymore, don't torture youself!

Old 12-25-2004, 08:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

A diet of ice cream is a diet of sugar and fat...you won't live long on a diet like that.

Closed Thread