It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Question about Spirolina or anything to help with energy!!!

Hi There, I had read a post somewhere on these boards where someone had mentioned that Spirolina will give you energy. Does anyone know anything about that? I would take any input at all of anything that i could take that would give me energy. I am sooooo tired all the time! Please help me before i go into hibernation!!!! Thanks a bunch, ValleyGurl

Old 12-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Question about Spirolina or anything to help with energy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygurl
Hi There, I had read a post somewhere on these boards where someone had mentioned that Spirolina will give you energy. Does anyone know anything about that? I would take any input at all of anything that i could take that would give me energy. I am sooooo tired all the time! Please help me before i go into hibernation!!!! Thanks a bunch, ValleyGurl
Hi ValleyGurl,
Here's a few questions that may be associated with your lethargy:
Are you a vegetarian, if you are, you may want to include more protein like beans, milk, etc.

Are you consuming enough B vitamins? A lack of B vitamins can also be related to having low energy.

Spiulina is a good protein source, and I'm sure it won't hurt, and it's made from a plant. I also read that many athletes use this and it's high in iron, some B vitamins and an EFA called GLA. I don't think it would hurt to give it a try.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-24-2004 at 11:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Guess you ain't too worried about it!

Old 12-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey..valleygirl..i read up on you in the depression forum, how is everything going..??
are you vitamine B12 defecient.??

courage

Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygurl
I am sooooo tired all the time! Please help me before i go into hibernation!!!!
Do you drink enough water?? Dehydration is the number 1 cause of lethargy. Also, do you consume lots of sugar or caffeine?? Both will give you a great initial boost but you'll soon come down from your high and feel exhausted.
Are you consuming lots of processed foods, alcohol etc ?? Toxins tax your body tremendously. While your cells are dealing with all the poisons in your body you will have little energy for anything else.
Are you eating too-large portions or not chewing your food well enough?? Digesting food is an energy consuming task for your body. If your intestine has to process gigantic mounds of food or break down not-well-chewed food it'll take all the energy in order to complete its tasks.

I used to be exhausted a lot but drinking more water, consuming less coffee and cutting carbs really helped.

Closed Thread