It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Need advice on dietary supplements?

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good dietarty supplement or weightloss pill for example,Cortislim,TrimSpa,Metabolife etc..I'm looking for lose 8-10pounds and need helps with one of these cuase eating lowfat and exercise is cutting it..please share what yuo've had success with, thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User
Re: Need advice on dietary supplements?

I have never used a diet pill nor would I...the best dietary supplement you could use to lose weight would be good old fashioned diet and excersise. These pills are truly just a money making gimmick. You do not need them to lose weight, all you need to do it work at it and not give up. Make healthier choices and be active, and you wont need to rely on some magic pill! Look on the internet for tips on healthy eating and recipes...give that a try before you start thinking about (money wasting) drugs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I agree there is no magic pill but I have been eating healthier and i do exercise..the last 10 pounds wont budge..I'm 5ft 8 and weight 138-140..i wanna weigh 130...seems so hard to get there.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Johnson
I agree there is no magic pill but I have been eating healthier and i do exercise..the last 10 pounds wont budge..I'm 5ft 8 and weight 138-140..i wanna weigh 130...seems so hard to get there.
I'm 5ft6 and a half and would love to be 120 but it's so hard to get there for me too. But, you are at a healthy weight because at 100 lbs, 5ft is healthy, then for each additional inch you add on 5 pounds. So in your case 5x8=40, so 100=40=140

For me: 5x6=30+100=130

I currently weigh 126-128, which is exactly your quota cause we are both about 8 pounds from the same type of goal and I think it's virtually impossible unless I diet all my life and I hate always being hungry so I'm going to be happy where I am. However, I felt prettier at 120, but I was probably subconsciously thinking beauty was like what most AMericans envision, like toothipick models for example.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:16 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I hear ya..I felt so much more attractive at 130...i was ven 122-124 at my lowsest but i basically starved...I cnat do that nor do i want too..Even when i was 130 i had to really watch WHat i ate and exercise alot..harder with winter cxu I'm not outdoors as much...so thats why i think i put a few pounds on..I recentl went off the birth control pil cuxi think thats why i put on 10 pounds...my appetite was roaring on those things...I've only been off them a week so maybe in due time I cna shed the weight...I HOPE>>

Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I hear ya..I felt so much more attractive at 130...i was ven 122-124 at my lowsest but i basically starved...I cnat do that nor do i want too..Even when i was 130 i had to really watch WHat i ate and exercise alot..harder with winter cxu I'm not outdoors as much...so thats why i think i put a few pounds on..I recentl went off the birth control pil cuxi think thats why i put on 10 pounds...my appetite was roaring on those things...I've only been off them a week so maybe in due time I cna shed the weight...I HOPE>>
Yah, I went down to 122 lbs then gained some of it back after dieting, like only 4-6 pounds but still, I would have to eat a very low cal diet to maintain that and I was always hungry. I'm on birth control too so maybe that's why I'm always hungry.LOL

Old 12-28-2004, 01:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Avoid the pills. Most are useless, some are dangerous.

Last edited by Lenin; 12-28-2004 at 01:00 PM.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:08 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

Jessicca,what pill ar eu on(BC)?I was on ALesse most recently...been on orthoTricyclen...horrible for my skin and demulen..all made me hungry...Can i be nosey andask what size u wear...i'm a 6...was a 2or 4 at my lowest but like u i had to starve...

Old 12-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Jessicca,what pill ar eu on(BC)?I was on ALesse most recently...been on orthoTricyclen...horrible for my skin and demulen..all made me hungry...Can i be nosey andask what size u wear...i'm a 6...was a 2or 4 at my lowest but like u i had to starve...
I wear a size 5 jeans and I'm on ortho trycyclin low, meaning low estrogen. I can fit into some 6's too, but remember I'm a little shorter than you. And yes, I'm sick of the yo yoing at that weight, it's soooo hard to maintain. I think our body needs more fat than you think. I was at a size 4 at one time, oh and I could fit into some 3's.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I HATE WHEN my pants feel tighter than normal arhhhhh..I have a tiny top half bigger bottom half...NO BOOBS at all..LOL>> I plan on going jean hsopping tonite..dread..but i need some nice new jeans..DO u like the orthotricyceln low..alot or people at these boards havent liked it too mcuh..oh I use to weigh myself like 10 times aday stopped that went to once or twice a day tnen once a week nonow once ever few mos..I'm fixed ona number...

Old 12-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I HATE WHEN my pants feel tighter than normal arhhhhh..I have a tiny top half bigger bottom half...NO BOOBS at all..LOL>> I plan on going jean hsopping tonite..dread..but i need some nice new jeans..DO u like the orthotricyceln low..alot or people at these boards havent liked it too mcuh..oh I use to weigh myself like 10 times aday stopped that went to once or twice a day tnen once a week nonow once ever few mos..I'm fixed ona number...
LOL, I don't have any boobs either lol. I swear, it sucks, but hey that's the way God made me right? LOL, boo hoo. Anyways, ortho is fine with me, but I do feel hungry alot. Why don't others like it? And Now I only weigh myself once a week, well I try to, lol. And I know how you feel about tight jeans. The number I'm fixed on is 122 cause I didn't feel self conscious when I wore my hip huggers without any fat hanging over my hips. My hips are my problem, not my stomach..I guess it's due to childbearing and nature wants us to be this way, LOL. Or else we starve, LOL.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:37 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

yeah my problem is my hips or thighs...tummy is fine could be tighter...i do 100 situps anite so thats area isnt so bad.I've had one child..I have 3 and half yr old son...(Hunter)...hehhehe I wear hip ggers too..love Express jeans..Old NAvys are ok too tonite i might check out The LImited...i wnata par of Lucky jeans but there soo much...where are u from..just curious..oh people on the board ahve said it has broken them out or caused weight gain Orthotricyclen low...go to the birth control section on healthboards..read on on the posts about it..

Old 12-28-2004, 02:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
yeah my problem is my hips or thighs...tummy is fine could be tighter...i do 100 situps anite so thats area isnt so bad.I've had one child..I have 3 and half yr old son...(Hunter)...hehhehe I wear hip ggers too..love Express jeans..Old NAvys are ok too tonite i might check out The LImited...i wnata par of Lucky jeans but there soo much...where are u from..just curious..oh people on the board ahve said it has broken them out or caused weight gain Orthotricyclen low...go to the birth control section on healthboards..read on on the posts about it..
I live in Pittsburgh and have a 2 year old daughter and her name is Miranda. I also love Old Navy jeans. My favorite ones though are lei. This is a good board, and there is alot of knowledgable people on here. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask if not, I'm sure we will be communicating one way or another again on these boards.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-28-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:45 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I"m In Minnesota,,,,yah U betcha ehehehehhe....MN talk for ya...yeah i"m sure well chat agian on these boards..I'm totally hooked..Did u gain much weight when pg?I did 55 pounds but lost it all easliy thank god.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Avoid the pills. Most are useless, some are dangerous.
Do you mean birth control? Actully it helps with some cancers.

Closed Thread