It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 12:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Feeling Disgusting...

I just got home from a long day of stressful traveling and decided to eat...A LOT. I made some egg beaters and ate them with lowfat cottage cheese and some crackers. I then ate some dry raisin bran crunch and then 5 mini reeses peanut butter cups and four small chocolate balls. Now it is 12:15am and I am full and I HATE going to bed after eating a lot of food. I feel absolutely disgusting and I have not worked out in a while so i feel even worse. Why do I do this!?!?! Do you think my body was craving that food or was I emotionally eating??

Old 12-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: Feeling Disgusting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
I just got home from a long day of stressful traveling and decided to eat...A LOT. I made some egg beaters and ate them with lowfat cottage cheese and some crackers. I then ate some dry raisin bran crunch and then 5 mini reeses peanut butter cups and four small chocolate balls. Now it is 12:15am and I am full and I HATE going to bed after eating a lot of food. I feel absolutely disgusting and I have not worked out in a while so i feel even worse. Why do I do this!?!?! Do you think my body was craving that food or was I emotionally eating??
haha. You sound just like me!! I do the same sometimes - eat and eat and eat and then feel bloated and disgusting.

I do think its probably emotional. Eating food is the most AMAZING comfort. What could make you feel better and more rested and relaxed than good food??!

I don't have the answer, I just wanted to tell you that you're not the only one who does this binge eating ever now and then!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Don't stress- what is going to happen? It's not like you ate an insane amount...many people could eat that on a daily basis! Let say, hypothetically, you gained one pound, but even that is a stretch because you didnt eat 3500 calories over what you usually eat. IF you even did gain a pound, you would lose it tomorrow when you ate your regular amount.

As for the feeling- it will pass! Yes, it's not the greatest feeling in the world, but it isn't bad. Instead of dwelling on what happened, think about other things- what's done is done. Work ahead from here (but you dont need to cut down tomorrow or anything, just pretend it didnt happen). Im sure your body was just craving things that you restrict it from...treat yourself regularly and you wont have these binge episodes

Good Luck!

Old 12-31-2004, 06:52 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygirl11
As for the feeling- it will pass! Yes, it's not the greatest feeling in the world, but it isn't bad. Instead of dwelling on what happened, think about other things- what's done is done. Work ahead from here (but you dont need to cut down tomorrow or anything, just pretend it didnt happen). Im sure your body was just craving things that you restrict it from...treat yourself regularly and you wont have these binge episodes

Good Luck!
Nice.. ..makes sense

Old 12-31-2004, 07:09 PM   #5

Kitchener HB User

Actually, what you described was not all that bad. The peanut buter cups maybe but the rest was not all that high calorie or bad for you.
Sometimes your body need it!

Old 12-31-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Thank you everyone. It's 24 hours later and I'm feeling completely fine now. I knew the feeling would pass, but I needed to vent last night.
All of your advice was very helpful. I realize now that my "binge" could have been a lot worse. Maybe my body just needed calories and that's why I ate all that chocolate in a fury. Today I cut back a lot in part because of last night and in part because tonight I'm going to be out drinking (new year's eve). Tomorrow I'll get back on track.
Hopefully I don't do another one of those binges any time soon because that feeling is horrible....

Old 12-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

ouch..well I hope you drink wine..it is good for the health ..but, don't drink to the point where you will colapse...

Old 01-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Don't worry. I did not even drink nearly enough to collapse. I'm feeling great today and I think I've eaten pretty well, too. Bagel with light cream cheese, capers, and tomatoes, Pirate's Booty white cheddar puffs, and Frozen Yogurt with rainbow sprinkles.
Gettin' back on track.

Closed Thread