It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

brandy76 HB User
The Master Cleanser Diet??

I just bought the book the master cleanser which talks about a lemonade drink (with maple syrup, cayenee pepper, water & real lemons) which you're supposed to fast on for 10 days. The book says a minimum of 10 days is needed to be fully cleansed and of course lose weight.

Has anyone tried this? And do I have to do 10 days or can't I start out with just doing it for a day or two to see how my body feels?

I want to see weight loss results, but was wondering will the weight loss only happen after 10 days.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: The Master Cleanser Diet??

I do it for a day or two now and then (I have GI track issues, so fasting is very helpful now and then and I like the Master Cleanser plan). Personally, I'm not big on the thought of doing it (or any fast) for 10 days unless someone has an epiphany that they ought to. One day is a good introduction, then decide where you go from there. Good eating plans really go a LONG way to keeping the system clean, IMHO; so I think short periodic fasts can do the job just fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
(female)

brandy76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg
I do it for a day or two now and then (I have GI track issues, so fasting is very helpful now and then and I like the Master Cleanser plan). Personally, I'm not big on the thought of doing it (or any fast) for 10 days unless someone has an epiphany that they ought to. One day is a good introduction, then decide where you go from there. Good eating plans really go a LONG way to keeping the system clean, IMHO; so I think short periodic fasts can do the job just fine.
I have GI track issues also, I just got put on Zelnorm by my gastronologist to help with constipation.

A few more questions for you:
1. With the drink did you notice any loss of weight?

2. Does it make you have diaharrea or do you just move your bowels better while on it? (the book also mentioned drinking the herbal laxative tea in am & pm while taking the drink)

Thanks

Old 12-31-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

When you fast for a day (or longer), yes, you do lose weight . . . but the big question is how much STAYS off? Not much, usually, because you are mostly losing water that goes right back on. In my view, fasting isn't for losing weight . . . it's for a little cleansing or taking a rest from food, or spiritual reasons, etc.

The laxative tea is to help push wastes and toxins out of your body when there is no more fiber working its way through your system that would do that. But that is another advantage of only fasting for a day or two; this won't be so much of an issue and you won't have just liquid running through your system.

Closed Thread