It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #1

Excelsoir HB User
Question Toxins ??

I have heard people refer to eliminating toxins from their bodies. Usually this is within the content of dieting or fasting . I am not referring to Detox as in drug and alcohol addiction.
Could a kind soul exlain this process, including what "toxins" are being removed ? Thankyou.
Regards,
Excelsoir

Old 01-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Inactive

Michael01 HB User
Re: Toxins ??

The only efffective way to remove years of poisons and toxins from your body is by FASTING. The first one that I did years ago was at a health resort in Florida and it was for 7 days. I just drank water (4 qts daily). It was a supervised fast. Whatever was in my body came out with vengence during the week through the skin and up the throat and out of my mouth. My tongue was pure white and I had horrific body odor. I showered 3 -4 times daily and changed clothes often. At the end of the 7 days I felt fantastic. The poisons are from the dirty air we breath (I live in a large city) such as carbon monoxide plus the chemicals and poisons on the food we eat and inhaling second hand smoke. The older you are the more poisons in your body. I would look at the soot on my window sills in my apartment and imagined it was also inside my body and it was. I did three others also years ago. I haven't done one in about 15 years but I'm thinking about it. Many believe that a combination water/juice fast is best. When you fast there must be no physical activity. You sleep, take naps and just rest the body. There's lots of info on the internet concerning fasting. Regardless of what you hear it's very healthy. Why would anyone want to keep poisons and toxins inside there body. However, it takes a huge amount of will power and discipline to fast. Some people have told me about a 3 or 4 days fast. NO SUCH THING. That's simply no eating for a few days. Must be a minimum of 7 days. Longer would be better but all I could handle was 7 days. Crucial is drinking at least 4 quarts of water daily at room temperature. Fasting is best done away from home. Again, once you have completed the fast you'll feel better than you ever have in your life. Obviously fasting is not for diabetics or those on medication for a medical condition. Also, you must also know how to break the fast. This is very important. Fasting with another person or other people would make it so much easier. Misery likes company (LOL).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 06:16 PM   #3

Excelsoir HB User
Re: Toxins ??

Michael101, Thank you for your very detailed answer to my query.It has made me think, as my point of view is very different. One of the important functions of the liver is to deal with toxins produced by the metabolism of foods and drugs.Air-born pollutants are best dealt with by moving away from the source. Fasting means using the glygogen stored in you muscles, until you have to metabolize fats & proteins for energy. This in itself will produce toxins ( eg ketosis). So I don't see how fasting can have a positive effect on metabolism (and health) if you are consuming a well-balanced diet.Still, as you say, a lot of people advocate fasting as a way of getting rid of these mysterious toxins, and I am interested in what you, or other people, have to say about the subject. Thanks Again,
Regards, Excelsoir

Last edited by Excelsoir; 01-03-2005 at 06:18 PM.

Closed Thread