It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

brandy76 HB User
Question Herbal Laxative Tea??

I was thinking of trying the Master cleanser to cleanse my body and in addition to their drink, it states I have to also drink a herbal laxative tea in am & pm to help flush out the waste.

Anytime something says laxative I think of horrible cramping & diarrhea. Is this how these teas work or will it be more of a natural/loose (but not watery) elimination??

I wanted to try & do this for a week, but I can have diarrhea at work

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
Inactive

Michael01 HB User
Re: Herbal Laxative Tea??

Visit your health food store a purchase a high quality powder phyllium. Use just before bedtime at least 4 hours away from your dinner. Follow instructions carefully making certain to use lots of liquids and use a blender to mix. I've been doing this for years. It's perfectly safe and it works. You won't have diarrhea. Your colon will love you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 11:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

In this case the phyllium could somewhat counter the purpose of the fast, which is supposed to be liquid. But, brandy, people react to such teas differently, so no one could predict for you, unfortunately. Maybe try a weak brew at first.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

brandy,

Hey!! I'm starting the Master Cleanse, too!!! Probably this Friday. I got a laxative tea at Walmart. I think it's called "Smooth Move" ha ha ha I haven't tried it yet since I haven't started the MC. But anyway, that's where I got mine and that's brand I bought. Good luck with the MC!!!

Edit:

Sorry, I just realized that I didn't even answer your question. Yes, your stools will probably be loose/watery. From what I have read regarding the MC, that is normal. I think they call it "buttpee". Sorry to be gross.

Last edited by PBABY; 01-05-2005 at 02:48 PM.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Ewwwwwww!!!!!

Old 01-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBABY
I think they call it "buttpee".
Which leads to another phenomenon, colloquially called "jalepeno hinny"!

Old 01-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg
Which leads to another phenomenon, colloquially called "jalepeno hinny"!

LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! I will DEFINITELY have to remember that one!!!

Old 01-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #8
(female)

brandy76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBABY
brandy,

Hey!! I'm starting the Master Cleanse, too!!! Probably this Friday. I got a laxative tea at Walmart. I think it's called "Smooth Move" ha ha ha I haven't tried it yet since I haven't started the MC. But anyway, that's where I got mine and that's brand I bought. Good luck with the MC!!!

Edit:

Sorry, I just realized that I didn't even answer your question. Yes, your stools will probably be loose/watery. From what I have read regarding the MC, that is normal. I think they call it "buttpee". Sorry to be gross.
Hey good luck on the master cleanse. I heard the Smooth move tea is great for this type of fast. I found a great message board that talks only about the master cleanser & the do's/don'ts. I can't post it here though, just do a search on the master cleanse & you should see a page that talks about raw food diet.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

brandy,

Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to it. I hope I can stick to it!!

I think I know which message board you're referring to! They got awesome info regarding the MC and all types of cleanses.

Closed Thread