It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

zusanna HB User
Angry Bloating and water weight.......

I gain 2-3 sometimes even 4 pounds through out the day just from water retention and bloating. I watch my sodium very closely and never go over 2400mg. Most days I eat maybe half of that (1200mg). I eat 6 times a day, 3 small meals and 3 snacks. I drink anywhere from 60-80 oz of water a day also. What am I doing wrong?? Why do I bloat so bad?? I mean the 2-3 pounds isn't there by morning but by the end of the day I just feel so bloated. Is there anything I can do to stop this??

Old 01-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
(female)

tdot HB User
Re: Bloating and water weight.......

Sometimes certain medications can cause edema especially steroids and some psych meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

zusanna HB User

I'm not on any meds though. It all started during my pregnancy last year. The weight I did gain was all water retention and so it was lost soon after I had my baby but it just seems to be a problem that didn't go completely away. I can't ever remember having this problem before pregnancy. I don't have a weight problem at all. I'm actually a bit underweight...5 feet tall and 96 pounds. I know your body changes after you have a baby but there has to be a reason behind the bloating. I keep track of the foods I eat and try to look for things that trigger it. Of course sodium definently does...I'm very sensitive to it...never used to be before pregnancy. But like I said I watch my sodium intake very closely. I don't know..I guess maybe it's just something I'm going to have to live with. I just hate the feeling of being bloated and uncomfortable!!

Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

can you write to me what you eat.??

Old 01-13-2005, 06:10 AM   #5
(female)

tdot HB User

My diet wouldn't be great for you as I have a rare auto immune disease which requires me to eat a lot of sodium, but this is what I normally eat in a day:

Breakfast:
2 slices whole-grain bread with un-sweetened peanut butter
1 bottle of water

Lunch:
1 bottle of water
Homemade soup
Either:
A salad with protein
A sandwich with protein and vegggies

Afternoon Snack:
Nuts or Pretzels (for salt)

Supper:
1 bottle of water
Varies but last night I had Tikka Masala Indian sauce with shrimp and basmati rice, steamed broccoli and spinach salad

Nigh Snack: Is usually 1-2 dill pickles to get the salt I need.

Hmmm.......Are you drinking enough water? What does your doctor say?

Closed Thread