It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 04:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
Has anyone done a Body Cleanse??

Has anyone done a body cleanse before? What are the benefits? Did you feel different afterwards. How often do you do a cleanse? My dads currently doing one, and I'm interested as well, just want to know what its like!

Old 01-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: Has anyone done a Body Cleanse??

Quote:
Originally Posted by regime
Has anyone done a body cleanse before? What are the benefits? Did you feel different afterwards. How often do you do a cleanse? My dads currently doing one, and I'm interested as well, just want to know what its like!
Yes, I did one a couple of weeks ago. It involves lots of water, some sort of colon care, blue green algae/chlorella/spirulina suppliments, milk thistle, organic salads, juicing organic veggies, and berries. I got mine from the book You are what you eat, by Gillian McKeith. But I'm sure you can get them elsewhere too.

Its supposed to be good in getting rid of the toxins accumulated in your body ie from pesticides, pollution, unhealthy eating etc. If your body is very toxic then you will feel like crap coz the toxins have to be released (from storage in your fat) into the blood streams in order to gotton rid of. But if you're reasonably healthy then you'll feel okay.

The funny thing with my cleanse was that I didn't feel hungry at all - in fact I felt stuffed!! And, afterwards, it helped kickstart healthier eating and also helped to de-bloat my stomach.

Last edited by veggie girl; 01-13-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #3

Sameesh HB User
Re: Has anyone done a Body Cleanse??

Im currently attempting one right now, this is my first day. So far ive had lots of water w/ lemon juice, green tea, a few sips of pomegranate juice, and a handfull of bran cereal for a lil bit of fiber. I feel alittle bloated, and preaty hungry. Oh well im confident i can last a few days.

Closed Thread