It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User
How to calculate bodyfat% accurately

I mean, how do they do it properly? I know you can't do it on the internet or anything that's not accurate. How about these devices where you fill in your age, height and weight and you stand on the scale or hold something that sends ellectric streams to you or something?

Or I mean whats the most accurate way to have it done? Like by a doctor or at the gym... what exactly will/should they be doing?

Old 01-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User
Re: How to calculate bodyfat% accurately

UMmmmmmmmmmmmm I think I'm used to going to this board all the time. I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POSTING THIS ON EXERCISE&FITNESS. Sorry moderators!! Could you please move this to there? Thanks! Sorry I'm so stupid just a stupid mistake.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: How to calculate bodyfat% accurately

Best method is immersion weighing in a tank of water. Obviously that requires training and BIG equipment. The electrical scales and the infared readers are not worth your time...silly and innacurate devices.

An EXPERT with calipers can do a pretty good job, but if it's a trainer at a gym, I wouldn't count on the results. I doubt your family doctor would be much better at it than the trainer.

I am STILL looking for someplace where I can get the underwater weighing and displacement technique done (at a fair price of course)...I haven't had much luck.

Closed Thread