It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Eggplant

Is eggplant good for you? Is it high in calories? Does it have any hidden benefits? Just curious because it has become one of my new favorite dishes....

Old 01-16-2005, 05:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Eggplant

It's a GREAT food; very low in calories (about 100 for a whole 1 pounder), almost no fat, good potassium content with no sodium to speak of.

It's a wonderful vegetable to eat day in and day out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

omg/ if you try my stuffed eggplants you will fall right to the floor..lol

Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

How do you make stuffed eggplants!?!? I would LOVE the recipe!! I just slice up eggplant and dip it in egg and garlic salt and throw it on the foreman. Top it off with some cheese and marinara sauce and it is INCREDIBLE!!
I'm glad to hear it's low in fat/calories. I assumed so because it is a vegetable, but you never know....

Old 01-16-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
omg/ if you try my stuffed eggplants you will fall right to the floor..lol
Hey, I got oatmeal bread from Nickel's although the first ingredient says whole wheat flower, but right after it says oats? What do you think? Is oatmeal alot better than whole wheat bread?

Last edited by Jess75; 01-16-2005 at 12:31 PM.

Old 01-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi Jess.. oatmeal is way better then wheat for you..IMO/ apparently the oatmeal in europe is gluten free..im trying to order some ..i know its hard..to iliminate bread from your diet or atleast change to a diferent one..i should know, im Italian .. but its been 11 months since iv been eating corn or rice bread and, feel very good..i never feel stuffed and, got lots of energy..and, i have a very good appetito..lol..actually iv never felt this good in my entire life.. .. have you tryed buckwheat bread or kamut..i think you should eat the kamut bread..yup thats the one i want you to try..ok Jess.. can you do that.?? also try using natural spices when you cook..(fresh ones)..basilic, onions, garlic, parsley..etc forget powdered spices..You'r old enough Jess.. like i said once, if you eat somtin and, it disturbs you, then don't eat it again..OK..feel anybetter today?

here Jess read this..

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

This study is VERY IMPORTANT! Most all physicians are clueless as to how common a problem wheat intolerance is. This study shows that by current traditional diagnostic methods as many as 1 in 33 people who exhibit symptoms could have this disease. This is a far cry from 1 in 5000, which is why most doctors don't consider this.

Because celiac disease has been considered rare in this country, it often goes undiagnosed or is misdiagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome or lactose intolerance. My experience is that the true incidence is probably much higher still, perhaps on the order of 1 in 10 people. The bulk of us however, do NOT benefit from having wheat.

It is one of the primary reasons why people get sick in this country. It is amazing how many people's chronic health complaints clear up once they stop the wheat. Some clinicians believe that no one can digest a protein in wheat called gliaden.

Our body attempts to break this protein down by attaching an enzyme to it. This gliaden enzyme complex in a high percentage of people actually stimulates an autoimmune reaction that can cause the full blown syndrome of celiac disease, or more commonly sub clinical celiac disease which is generally characterized by a variety of chronic health complaints, most of which are intestinal.

However, I have seen many rashes disappear within days, once gluten was stopped.

So, the moral of the story, is that if you have a chronic health complaint try avoiding gluten for two weeks and see if you improve. That approach is certainly far less expensive and more accurate than any diagnostic technique currently available.

Last edited by Losec20mg; 01-16-2005 at 01:46 PM.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #7
Inactive

Mehtab HB User

Losec,

Kamut bread is awesome!

Old 01-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

my moms is eating kamut..and, she's also eating rice pasta..it has improved her arthritis by 80%..crazy huh!!??

Old 01-16-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
hi Jess.. oatmeal is way better then wheat for you..IMO/ apparently the oatmeal in europe is gluten free..im trying to order some ..i know its hard..to iliminate bread from your diet or atleast change to a diferent one..i should know, im Italian .. but its been 11 months since iv been eating corn or rice bread and, feel very good..i never feel stuffed and, got lots of energy..and, i have a very good appetito..lol..actually iv never felt this good in my entire life.. .. have you tryed buckwheat bread or kamut..i think you should eat the kamut bread..yup thats the one i want you to try..ok Jess.. can you do that.?? also try using natural spices when you cook..(fresh ones)..basilic, onions, garlic, parsley..etc forget powdered spices..You'r old enough Jess.. like i said once, if you eat somtin and, it disturbs you, then don't eat it again..OK..feel anybetter today?

here Jess read this..

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

This study is VERY IMPORTANT! Most all physicians are clueless as to how common a problem wheat intolerance is. This study shows that by current traditional diagnostic methods as many as 1 in 33 people who exhibit symptoms could have this disease. This is a far cry from 1 in 5000, which is why most doctors don't consider this.

Because celiac disease has been considered rare in this country, it often goes undiagnosed or is misdiagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome or lactose intolerance. My experience is that the true incidence is probably much higher still, perhaps on the order of 1 in 10 people. The bulk of us however, do NOT benefit from having wheat.

It is one of the primary reasons why people get sick in this country. It is amazing how many people's chronic health complaints clear up once they stop the wheat. Some clinicians believe that no one can digest a protein in wheat called gliaden.

Our body attempts to break this protein down by attaching an enzyme to it. This gliaden enzyme complex in a high percentage of people actually stimulates an autoimmune reaction that can cause the full blown syndrome of celiac disease, or more commonly sub clinical celiac disease which is generally characterized by a variety of chronic health complaints, most of which are intestinal.
The only problem is that I don't like the frozen breads, I like the soft breads and all those fancy breads are in the freezer. Can you buy wheat free bread that's not frozen? ANyways, I'm feeling a lot better...my stomach is flat, I've been regular, and I've completely eliminated cows milk from my diet and using silk soy milk, plus I've cut down on wheat a lot. I feel ALOT better, I think this is it!!! It's wierd ya know. I don't know if it's the cows milk or not.
However, I have seen many rashes disappear within days, once gluten was stopped.

So, the moral of the story, is that if you have a chronic health complaint try avoiding gluten for two weeks and see if you improve. That approach is certainly far less expensive and more accurate than any diagnostic technique currently available.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shoot Losec, my quote is in YOUR quote from Mercola, anyways if you don't see it I'll write again, but gotta go for now.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:17 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Jessica you'r too funny..

is this it.??

The only problem is that I don't like the frozen breads, I like the soft breads and all those fancy breads are in the freezer. Can you buy wheat free bread that's not frozen? ANyways, I'm feeling a lot better...my stomach is flat, I've been regular, and I've completely eliminated cows milk from my diet and using silk soy milk, plus I've cut down on wheat a lot. I feel ALOT better, I think this is it!!! It's wierd ya know. I don't know if it's the cows milk or not.

i think i found it

Old 01-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Jessica you'r too funny..

is this it.??

i think i found it
Okay, yah, I'll try that Kamut bread, thanks for your help.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #13
(female)

chacha50 HB User

Hey! what is kamut bread and where would i get it? Thanks

T

Closed Thread