It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
Is it tru about water?

Is it tru that is u drinka lot of water u lose weight? i dont beleive it..i never drink water, its gross.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Re: Is it tru about water?

My sister did it and she lost weight. Water is also very good for the body. I don't like water either but I only drink bottled water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 03:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Probably if you drink a lot of water you drink less sodas and oher stuff. Also it probably makes you feel fuller and you eat less.

I could imagine of course that i also has something to do with ridding the body of toxins?

But careful I think you can drink TOO much water too! (OK I guess that would have t be a WHOLE lot)

Kathrin

Old 01-22-2005, 05:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I think it's overrated as a weight loss aid. We need enough to keep our kidneys flushed and healthy and people on SEVERELY resticted diets throw off a lot of breakdown products from using their own fat and protein for fuel so a certain amount is necessary to keep these wastes dilute on the way out.

But don't look for the a couple gallons of water a day to help with the weight loss; that's a diet book "gimmick" that helps fill a couple pages.

Old 01-22-2005, 08:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

okay, thanks guys

Old 01-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

how do u guys not like water??? its sooooo good, i can live on it..lol...it's the healthiest thing u can put into your body and your body definetly needs it. as for the weight loss, i believe it does play a part, when u drink water you are not ingesting any form of fat, sugar or carbs, etc. you are actually flushing out all that crap, and i do agree with kathrin, because if u drink more water u are less likely to drink all the gross drinks like soda, yohoo etc. I know if you drink green tea it will help boost your metabolism because it has EGCG. So if u dont like plain water, you can always add tea to it (but dont add sugar, milk etc) because that defeats the whole purpose of loosing weight. hope this helps and i hope u guys start to drink more water because you will definetly benefit from it

Old 01-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

I agree with Lenin. My professor also said that we are too water crazy and too much is unnessary. However, drinking a moderate amount is vital. You don't have to literally guzzle water 10 times a day, but sip it moderately throughout the day. Like nice, and simple sips through out the day. I probably drink about 5-6 a day including my workout.(I always feel I should be drinking more) Does green tea count? NOw that I think about it,sometimes I may be only getting like 4 glasses of water a day but I do drink about 2 glases of green tea a day, and one glass of veggie juice.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

jess, thats really good that u drink 2 cups of green tea and veggie juice. i think green tea definetly counts because you are adding water and it still flushes out your system.

Old 01-22-2005, 02:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

other question tho...i eat a lot of fruits especially apples and pears..and they are mostly made up of water and very nutritional for u..i never get as thirsty because i eat lots of fruit..u need at least 5 to 8 servings of it per day, so im good at that part, but can i eat lots of fruit and veggies and not so much water?

Old 01-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xismybaby
jess, thats really good that u drink 2 cups of green tea and veggie juice. i think green tea definetly counts because you are adding water and it still flushes out your system.
Thanks

And Sammy, like I said, you don't have to literally FORCE yourself to drink water, but sip it slowly throughout the day. You'll still lose weight and fruit does have water in it.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Its not drinking water per se that makes you lose weight but it DEFINATELY kills hunger and makes you feel full - hence, making you eat less.

However, you have to be careful not to drink water 1/2 hour before or over 1/2 hour after eating as it dilutes the stomaches hydrochloric acid and makes digestion more difficult. And undigested food will make you FEEL fat (ie bloating, gas etc)

Old 01-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
Is it tru that is u drinka lot of water u lose weight? i dont beleive it..i never drink water, its gross.
I know whatcha mean...i can't stand water either - never could. I've never been a thirsty person. However, I do force myself to drink at the very least a glass of water first thing in the morning, a couple of glasses during working out and a glass before I go to bed. I also drink lots of green tea and never drink soda or any type of coffee or anything.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #13
(male)

lugter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
other question tho...i eat a lot of fruits especially apples and pears..and they are mostly made up of water and very nutritional for u..i never get as thirsty because i eat lots of fruit..u need at least 5 to 8 servings of it per day, so im good at that part, but can i eat lots of fruit and veggies and not so much water?
Water in fruits, veggies and other good foods also count as a water sources.

Closed Thread