It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
(female)

amberface526 HB User
Need motivation

I was doing so good now it seems like i am eating more not even watching my calories. does anybody have any suggestions on focusing on losing weight. Mind you I am continuing to exercise everyday. I thought exercising is suppose to curve your appetite. It work for the first four weeks and now its not. help me please.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Need motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberface526
I was doing so good now it seems like i am eating more not even watching my calories. does anybody have any suggestions on focusing on losing weight. Mind you I am continuing to exercise everyday. I thought exercising is suppose to curve your appetite. It work for the first four weeks and now its not. help me please.
What are you eating? You have to watch your calories in order to lose weight. You said your eating and not watching your calories...unfortunately, you DO have to watch in order to lose weight! If you REALLY wanted to lose bad enough you would watch(no pun intendend). Figure out your daily caloric maintence and subtract 500 calories a day for one pound and/or 1000 a day for 2 pounds a week. Of course, exercising will help with the rate of weight loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberface526
No, exercise makes you HUNGRIER!! You need food to replace the fuel you're burning while you're exercising - but thats okay as it all balances out. Unless of course you're eating crap!!

As long as each of your meals is not mamoth and includes lots of veggies, moderate complex carbs and a good portion of protein I wouldn't worry.

I don't watch caloires. I have NO clue how many I eat a day - couldn't even guess if I tried - but I DO know that each meal is healthy and the portion size is okay so I don't sweat it.

BTW: I've lost 5 lbs over the last 3 weeks. It doesn't seem much but my original goal was about 8lbs by the middle of feb. Oh, and I work out VIGOROUSLY 5 days a week. But, I'm focused more on toning than weightloss

Last edited by veggie girl; 01-29-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie girl
No, exercise makes you HUNGRIER!! You need food to replace the fuel you're burning while you're exercising - but thats okay as it all balances out. Unless of course you're eating crap!!

As long as each of your meals is not mamoth and includes lots of veggies, moderate complex carbs and a good portion of protein I wouldn't worry.

I don't watch caloires. I have NO clue how many I eat a day - couldn't even guess if I tried - but I DO know that each meal is healthy and the portion size is okay so I don't sweat it.

BTW: I've lost 5 lbs over the last 3 weeks. It doesn't seem much but my original goal was about 8lbs by the middle of feb. Oh, and I work out VIGOROUSLY 5 days a week. But, I'm focused more on toning than weightloss
Congratulations on the weight loss!

Old 01-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
Congratulations on the weight loss!
Thank you!!! It hasn't been easy!! I've spent - and continue to spend - many evenings just dying for some carbs!! hahaha

Old 01-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #6

jenna1 HB User

I found writing down what I eat and keeping track of my calories seems to help me not overeat. I also drink about 100 oz. of water a day and drinking it before a meal fills me up to where I feel fuller and eat only the portions on my plate.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
(female)

amberface526 HB User

do you do this everyday

Old 01-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #8

jenna1 HB User

Hi Amber,

Not sure if you're asking me the question, but will answer anyway. Yes, I do this every day. One of the biggest problems I had was not watching my calories, or portion intake. I feel changing how you eat is probably the most important factor when it comes to dieting and writing things down helps me control this. Also, drinking 100 oz. of water a day really does fill me up to the point I don't over eat, and it's gotten me into the habit of whenever I feel like grabbing that cookie or sweets, I grab my water bottle instead and feel good that I'm putting something in my body that it really needs instead of junk. The only down fall is you have to visit the bathroom a lot, but it's so worth it.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #9
(female)

amberface526 HB User

Jenna 1 have you lost any weight doing what you have done

Old 01-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #10

jenna1 HB User

My first week of starting I lost 4lbs. and 1 inch off my waist and hips. Granted it's mainly water weight, but I definitely look and feel better about myself.

Closed Thread