It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
fasting?!

is fast eating really bad for u and what exactly is it? i am bulimic, but i think my anerexia is coming back...today i ate a pear and an apple for breakfast, mixed veggies and peas for lunch, an apple and pear for snack, and brown rice and peas for supper. is that considered fasting?! its not good huh?

and when the box says 1/2 a cup of cooked rice is 107 calories...is that also a half a cup of raw rice?

Sammy

Old 01-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: fasting?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
is fast eating really bad for u and what exactly is it? i am bulimic, but i think my anerexia is coming back...today i ate a pear and an apple for breakfast, mixed veggies and peas for lunch, an apple and pear for snack, and brown rice and peas for supper. is that considered fasting?! its not good huh?

and when the box says 1/2 a cup of cooked rice is 107 calories...is that also a half a cup of raw rice?

Sammy
"Fasting" is when you don't eat at all. To abstain from food.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:

Sammy
Honey, where is your protein? Your only 14 years old and your still growing and even through you aren't fasting, your diet does not sound healthy at all. Do you eat like this every single day? Have you seen a professional about this? It's is IMPERATIVE that you eat a balanced diet at your age.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

no, i do not eat like this every day...i was just so worried about gaining weight. this morning i had ornage juice, 2 peices of toast with jam, and egg whites..and or lunch i think im gonna have grilled cheese and soup...so maybe it was just a phase..who knows what i was thinking

Old 01-30-2005, 10:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
no, i do not eat like this every day...i was just so worried about gaining weight. this morning i had ornage juice, 2 peices of toast with jam, and egg whites..and or lunch i think im gonna have grilled cheese and soup...so maybe it was just a phase..who knows what i was thinking
Good.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User

There isn't anything wrong with fasting, just do it right. Do you have a juicer? Protein, B12...try adding wheatgrass into juices. Beets do a good job too...just not too much because they thin the blood. Usually if I do any juice fasting, I'll use a combo of carrots, celery and sometimes beets. Orange and papaya is an awesome combo as well. Again there is nothing wrong with it....people will tell you there is...nope. Just do it right.
Upshutter

Old 01-31-2005, 07:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshutter17
There isn't anything wrong with fasting, just do it right. Do you have a juicer? Protein, B12...try adding wheatgrass into juices. Beets do a good job too...just not too much because they thin the blood. Usually if I do any juice fasting, I'll use a combo of carrots, celery and sometimes beets. Orange and papaya is an awesome combo as well. Again there is nothing wrong with it....people will tell you there is...nope. Just do it right.
Upshutter
I didn't know protein was involved in fasting. And personally, I don't see anything wrong with fasting for like a week.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Depends on who youre talking about that is planning to fast. Some people, because of health problems, shouldnt be eliminating any parts of their diet, for whatever reason (this means you Sammy!!)

Old 02-02-2005, 06:50 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Sammy,
A half cup of RAW rice has far more calories than a half cup of cooked rice.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

o. haha well then...lol. how many calories are in a half cup of raw rice?

Old 02-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

it should say on the box..

ciao

Old 02-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Half Cup Raw rice: 338 calories!

Old 02-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #13
(female)

santo HB User

i don't think it is a good idea for you to be fasting, considering that you are 14 and still growing and that you sometimes have disordered eating. if you find you are restricting because of a fear of weight gain, i really think you should talk to someone- a parent or guidance counselor, so you can know how to kick these thoughts out and be able to eat without any worries. you are young and should not be worried about weight gain, plus your height has not had a chance to even catch up with you yet, and you need all the food you can get, you're a growing girl!

Old 02-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yeah...i know. lol. and yes, its BAD haha, but i am seeing a counsellor and such, so... i guess i shouldnt worry but its stuck in my mind like mad and drives me CRAZY!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #15
(female)

santo HB User

i empathize with you a lot. try to stay busy and be very open with your counselor. if you learn how to challenge the thoughts you're having, they will lessen with time.

Closed Thread