It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
me again...how many calories?!

hey! me again...well how many calories should i consume on a lazy day? i am 14, i am normally active, but i have my days of sitting around doing homework or whatnot. i went outsside for a bit today and run up and down the stairs every so often to do laundry or sharpen my pencil...i am alos going to go to a hockey game tonite which im going to walk to. (takes about 10 minutes to walk there)...i have estimated that i have aten like...600-700 calories today. wow. thats sad. how much should i consume if im going to have a lazy day and DO NOT want to gain weight?1

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: me again...how many calories?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
hey! me again...well how many calories should i consume on a lazy day? i am 14, i am normally active, but i have my days of sitting around doing homework or whatnot. i went outsside for a bit today and run up and down the stairs every so often to do laundry or sharpen my pencil...i am alos going to go to a hockey game tonite which im going to walk to. (takes about 10 minutes to walk there)...i have estimated that i have aten like...600-700 calories today. wow. thats sad. how much should i consume if im going to have a lazy day and DO NOT want to gain weight?1

Thanks!
How much do you weigh?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #3

ocurt HB User

Yeah, you hafta know how much you weight, how tall you are... blah blah blah... like for me, I'm 14, 5'6, 113 lbs., moderately active, and on a day when I'm going to be lazy, I eat around 1,400 calories, and I don't gain any weight.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

well im 14, about 5'1 or 5'2..and i weight abouts...97? 96? 95 maybe? im not sure because i rarely weigh myself...our weighing machine is a peice.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:

Thanks!
You need 1995 calories a day to maintain your weight of 96 pounds. And at the height of 5ft1, your BMI is 18.1 which is considered underweight...and JUST making it is 18.5, which in my opinion is still underweight I hope your NOT 5 ft2 but anyways, you are underweight so I wouldn't worry about being lazy. A little aerobic activity is always good though but you don't eat enough so I guess that's another story. Just try not to lose anymore weight so you can be a healthy girl. Believe me, FAT is not an enemy it is a necessity! Fat is something every body needs to function well.

Last edited by Jess75; 01-30-2005 at 10:58 AM.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

thanks jessica!!...i like ur words of support

Old 01-30-2005, 01:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
thanks jessica!!...i like ur words of support
No problem

Old 02-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Also I don't think one "lazy day" is necessarily like the other. Some days we need more energy than others, maybe because it is colder or maybe because we didn't sleep well or our body is trying to fight a virus or whatever... I think we should try to listen to our bodies, like: "Do I feel hungry?"

Kathrin

Old 02-05-2005, 10:21 AM   #9
(female)

santo HB User

Quote:
well im 14, about 5'1 or 5'2..and i weight abouts...97? 96? 95 maybe? im not sure because i rarely weigh myself...our weighing machine is a peice.
well, i am 17 and 5'2 1/2" and i weigh 100 pounds, and i need about 2100 calories to maintain. eating under 1000 calories is a starvation diet, sweetie. teenagers really need 1500 calories at the bare, bare minimum. if i need 2100, and i'm older than you but almost have the same stats, i know that you need to eat more than me because you're growing at a faster rate than i am.

i strongly suggest you call a nutritionist and set up an appointment, or ask over the phone. the number she throws at you will be pretty high and i hope that will help you relax about what you eat- because you can eat a TON, and it's not going to hurt you, it will only help you grow. i'm a little concerned because of your focus on weight loss in some posts, if those thoughts don't go away, please tell your doctor so she can help you out. this is most likely a stage and lots of teen girls go through it- i have too. but there are way more pleasant things you should be thinking about than calories. hang in there, and please try to eat more, your body needs it.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:00 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yeh, ill be seein a nutiritionist sumtime in April.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #11
(female)

santo HB User

great! i hope everything goes well.

Closed Thread