It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

amberface526 HB User
overeater

Does anyone has any tips for those cravings you just can't ignore. I am starting to over eat. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: overeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberface526
Does anyone has any tips for those cravings you just can't ignore. I am starting to over eat. Thanks.
HAHA I have the same problem and WISH I had a solution.

These things help me

Don't buy food that can be eaten easily. If it takes a lot of preparation then I'm likely not to go to the effort of preparing it.

Eat on smaller dishes. I know this sounds stupid but I eat smaller portions if its on a smaller plate.

Only cook as much as you plan to eat. I used to ALWAYS cook a little extra planning on storing it and then end up eating the whole thing.

Use measuring cups. If you allow yourself only - for example - 1/4 or 1/2 cup of grain with your veggies then thats what you'll eat. I used to just put food on the plate but when I measured it I was putting 2-4 cups of food on my plate!!! That is a LOT of food!!

Cut you carbs. Nothing makes you go NUTS like lots of carbs. If I've eaten carbs I feel like I'm pacing past the kitchen!! haha

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Wear a bellyshirt in the house!! If you can see great abs you won't want to ruin them and if you can see a bulging gut you won't want to make it worse!!

Old 01-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie girl
Wear a bellyshirt in the house!! If you can see great abs you won't want to ruin them and if you can see a bulging gut you won't want to make it worse!!
HAHA, I like that idea!

Old 01-31-2005, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

What kinds of food do you crave?

What do you eat, usually?

Old 01-31-2005, 07:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

When mine were real bad, I used to drink Rice milk and when I had the urge to pick at something in the kitchen, I'd go in the fridge and take a few sips of rice milk. It's a low fat milk drink and it totally helped me with my sweet tooth. For the "chips" craving, try fat free pretzels or some low fat popcorn. Make sure you only eat one serving and hurry up and put a piece of gum in your mouth when your done. Take some deep deep breaths and think to yourself, "I can overcome this." You always have to catch your thoughts "in the act!!"

Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

You know what I did when I used to have those cravings? Well I still do a little but anyway, every time I would have a sweet tooth, I'd go in the fridge and take a couple sips of my RIce Dream milk. Then If I had the "chips" kind of craving, I'd take a serving of pretzels or low fat popcorn and eat. While I would do that I would take DEEP, deep breaths and think to myself, I can do this. And I picture in my head (the old chubby post baby body I had) and I would succeed. And YOU WILL remember this the next day and be so proud of yourseld and want to do it again. Once you start seeing the weight come off too, you'll start to make heathier choices. When losing weight, sometimes it take practice but YOU CAN WIN!

Closed Thread