HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   fruit binge (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/248437-fruit-binge.html)

SammyT 01-31-2005 06:08 PM

fruit binge

is it wrong to eat too much fruit? i had orange juice this morning, an orange in the aft, and 4 oranges in a row during the evening. i alos had other things 2..but i love fruit! i cant get enough! sumtimes i eat 2 apple and 2 pears all at once!! is it that bad??

Losec20mg 01-31-2005 06:42 PM

Re: fruit binge

nope :)..

i bought a small case of mandarins and, ate like 15 of them..ouch! guys don't yell at me..

Jess75 02-01-2005 07:03 PM

I love fruit too. Sometimes I have 4 servings but usually I only have 3. I don't really like veggies, hehe, oh well. :rolleyes: And I don't think you have to worry about a fruit binge once and a while. ;)

Losec20mg 02-01-2005 07:14 PM

huh! you don't like veggies.?? whats wrong with you Jess.. ?? :)

Jess75 02-01-2005 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Losec20mg]huh! you don't like veggies.?? whats wrong with you Jess.. ?? :)[/QUOTE]
Well...okay, the only way that I like to eat veggies is by
A. Really cooking them, like over cooking brocolli, cauliflower.

B. Raw veggies with full fat ranch

C. And all of the above, hehe.

Lately, I've been getting my veggies being really cooked, from my bean soup from westbrae(tons of good veggies but Whole Food got rid of it, Im SOOOOOO mad about it), and my very veggie juice. :D

I hate spinach, and sometimes I make myself eat spinach salads to get my greens but I HATE the taste. Oh, well, I guess I'm unfortunate huh? :rolleyes:

Losec20mg 02-01-2005 07:49 PM

taps head..lol
don't worry Jess.. you'll learn to love them..i eat them cooked, over cooked, steamed, raw..any ol' way for me goes..:)..going off topic here. sry..
have you ever had a zuccini sandwich..?? mmm ;)

oh and, Jess.. do not say that you'r unfortunate..:)

veggie girl 02-01-2005 07:54 PM

Sorry to ruin the fruit love-fest but its not good to eat THAT much fruit all the time.

Its still sugar :(

Losec20mg 02-01-2005 08:02 PM

veggie girl..whats wrong with eating 4/5 fruits a day..its pure sugar, betta thon a bux uf cuukies..

:)

ratboy83 02-02-2005 04:33 AM

too much friut or veg in one go can cause the runs. also too much friut juice can cause tooth decay. it contains large amountss of fructose.

Jess75 02-02-2005 05:24 AM

[QUOTE=Losec20mg]taps head..lol
don't worry Jess.. you'll learn to love them..i eat them cooked, over cooked, steamed, raw..any ol' way for me goes..:)..going off topic here. sry..
have you ever had a zuccini sandwich..?? mmm ;)

oh and, Jess.. do not say that you'r unfortunate..:)[/QUOTE]
Yuk, I hate zuchini! And I know I'm not totally UNFORTUNATE, but in the area about veggies I am. And, I don't see anything wrong with a fruit binge once and a while, or even once a week for that matter. As long as she's not loading up on cakes and cookies, etc. It's natural sugar, although it wouldn't be a good idea to eat that much every day like Veggie girl said because of all the sugar. Like I said, I love fruit, and were supposed to have 3 servings a day, and If you want to go overboard sometimes on the fruit, in my opinion, ENJOY! :bouncing:

SammyT 02-02-2005 05:44 AM

whoohoo! rite on, and it is good for u becuase of the fibre, vitamns and minerals, and such. and the sugar is natural suger. besides, i dont eat nething fatty or sufary such as cookies or whatnot in my diet...so i should be good!:)

veggie girl 02-02-2005 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=Losec20mg]veggie girl..whats wrong with eating 4/5 fruits a day..its pure sugar, betta thon a bux uf cuukies..

:)[/QUOTE]

She had more than 4/5!! - more like 7/8 PLUS orange juice!!

A piece of fruit is much better than a box of cookies but too much of anything is not good (exept green veggies - for some reason you can eat those til they come out of your ear and you won't suffer any ill affect!!)

But, hey, if you don't mind developing diebetes later in life then theres nothing really to worry about!!

BostonGirl44 02-02-2005 10:54 AM

Speaking of fruit, what do you guys think about frozen fruit? Is it just as good as fresh fruit? I've been buying some bags of it and putting it in the food processor with some orange juice and making my own ice cream.

Losec20mg 02-02-2005 11:33 AM

yeah..
veggie girl, I eat green veggies pretty much everyday..I love them :)..they make my poop soft tho, and, green in color.lol :)

lugter 02-02-2005 02:57 PM

Yeah, frozen fruits and vegetables should be just fine, but stay away from canned ones..