It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 01:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Overeating

I definitely overate today and I'm feeling awful about it. The part that is bothering me the most is tonight. I got home from being out at around 12:30am. I decided to have a couple of pieces of dried mango. Then I went for the dried strawberries (VERY sweet) and then attacked my honey toasted cashews! I ate wayyyyy too much food for this late at night, and it was all very high calorie. Now I feel terrible and am wondering if I need to compensate for it tomorrow. Ugh...Why do I do these things? Why couldn't I have just come home and gone to bed???
Please help me to feel better about this screw up....

Old 02-03-2005, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Overeating

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
I definitely overate today and I'm feeling awful about it. The part that is bothering me the most is tonight. I got home from being out at around 12:30am. I decided to have a couple of pieces of dried mango. Then I went for the dried strawberries (VERY sweet) and then attacked my honey toasted cashews! I ate wayyyyy too much food for this late at night, and it was all very high calorie. Now I feel terrible and am wondering if I need to compensate for it tomorrow. Ugh...Why do I do these things? Why couldn't I have just come home and gone to bed???
Please help me to feel better about this screw up....
What? Strawberries and mangos? They aren't high in calories are they? And did you have cashews earlier in the day too? IF you did or didn't that don't sound like a lot. Many dieters would be EXTACTIC if that's all they did to slip up cause most people eat WAY worse than that like cookies and cakes. I thought you were trying to gain weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

yeah I thoght you where trying to gain too..don't worry bout it, I eat way more then that..

Old 02-03-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I am trying to gain weight, but I don't want to do it by overeating when I get home at 1am, you know? I am doing a good job of adding calories and fat to my normal meals and snacks, but it still bothers me if I eat too much or feel like I "binge" or at least eat out of control.
The mangos and strawberries were dried - very sweet, high in sugar, and high in calories. And the nuts were high in calories, too, obviously. It makes me feel disgusting.
I couldn't really sleep very well last night because I was so anxious about eating all that. I feel like I need to go on a long run today to make up for it...

Old 02-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
I am trying to gain weight, but I don't want to do it by overeating when I get home at 1am, you know? I am doing a good job of adding calories and fat to my normal meals and snacks, but it still bothers me if I eat too much or feel like I "binge" or at least eat out of control.
The mangos and strawberries were dried - very sweet, high in sugar, and high in calories. And the nuts were high in calories, too, obviously. It makes me feel disgusting.
I couldn't really sleep very well last night because I was so anxious about eating all that. I feel like I need to go on a long run today to make up for it...
I don't know what to say to ya, but you NEED fat, fat is not disgusting or shameful. I guess some people can't stand ANY fat and unfortunately, it's something we all need to be healthy and function properly. Now TOO much fat would cause me to have anxiety too, but your actually below your healthy weight and that is NOT healthy. You don't want to be underweight cause then your probably cold all the time, low of energy, and so forth. It's very unhealthy to be very underweight, especially for your organs etc. Some fat is essential and I'm sure your body could use some more fat at your height and weight.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I definately agree with the posters!

Just a note, but if you find that you have the urge to "binge" (even though what you binged on really wasnt a lot at all!), then you most likely are depriving yourself of something during the day. Im going to go out on a limb and say that you prolly still kinda restrict during the day, btu then at the end of the night eat lots when you feel hungry and have access to sweet carb-y foods. Lol it happens to the best of us. The best solution? Eat 3 square, well rounded and roughly equal meals per day. This means you need to have breakfast and not just a latte! In addition to those meals, have snacks. I understand you dont want to gain weight unhealthily, but treat yourself to some cookies or frozen yogurt (NOT the low fat stuff!), or some "indulgance" for one of your snacks (or as a dessert). Do this and I guarantee that you wont feel the urge to binge at the end of the night. Remember- food is fuel and you need it to survive. You are trying to gain weight and you defiantely need fat and carbs and all the things that people deem horrible. Don't be afraid of any food, especially now...you still have a loooong way to go

Old 02-04-2005, 06:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

LS,
Do better tomorrow "and make a good act of contrition."

For your penance throw out the dried fruit (yeah right, dried mangoes at a MILIION dollars a pound) and scrape the sugar off the cashews.

Last edited by Lenin; 02-04-2005 at 06:36 AM.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Why do I do these things? Why couldn't I have just come home and gone to bed???
I feel ya pain!!

I ask myself the same question sometimes.

Closed Thread