It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

bubble07 HB User
I heard about a dieting trick.. but dont know if it works or not

hey... i had heard before that if u eat quite a few calories for one day,, then the next day or two u dont eat as many you lose weight faster... is that true? or do any of you have any info on that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

Tbrider216 HB User
Re: I heard about a dieting trick.. but dont know if it works or not

Yes that is true as long as you don't go all out and binge on those days where your consuming way over your normal amount. This is because it keeps your metablolism going and not staying at one pace like it would if you just kep at eating 1250 calories a day or what every your own diet consists of.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
(male)

romeoii HB User

bubble07
Last year I topped out at 400 pounds. I finally got my stuff together and lost back almost 80 pounds and I have no inclination to change what I am doing. I am not a magician and do not deal in "Tricks." The resut of tricks is when they don't work, you drop everything on thre stage along with a little more of your self-esteem.
My trick if you must give it a name was to see a dietitian. You may have done that and they or your health care provide handed you an exchange list and put you on a 1200 calorie diet and said "see ya next year!" I did not leave the dietitian's office until I finally had a completre understanding of how the list worked; had the basis for a sensible plan; and a list of targets, goa;s and milestones to place in fromt of me to let me know how I was doing. I also knew exactly what the prepare food portions looked like as recommended by the "American Diabetic Association's - Guideline."
Want to know more?
Art
PS Why "Bubble07? as a handle. My nicknames were among other things: Beef, Heavy and LA (which I won't expound on.) Get a better handle in line with where you want to go and which also reflects what you wish for your self.
THE CHANGE STARTS NOW!

Last edited by romeoii; 02-06-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
(female)

bubble07 HB User

ok well, does anybody know what exactly you have to do for it to be affective?

Old 02-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
(male)

sbdot HB User

It’s called calorie cycling.

A person eating 2000 calories a day would eat 6000 in three days right!

With calorie cycling, that person would eat 2300 one day, 2000 the next, and 1700 the next (2300+1700+2000= 6000) and so forth.

Some believe this helps keep the body from becoming used to a consistent daily calorie intake and may help keep the metabolism from slowing down during periods of dieting.

I think one should not make drastic calorie swings, (1000 one day, 3000 the next), but should keep the calorie deviation about 250/300 from their overall calorie goal. Others may do a more extreme cycling regimen.

Do a search on “calorie cycling” to see different approaches.

sbdot

Old 02-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

i think its unhealthy and fony. haha thats just me. i dunno, i have a prob with diets becuase the truth is, if u diet, lose the weight, ull gain it all back in the next year or so and possibly more!...so stick with when ur hungry, eat what yah want..i dunno, its the most simple and healthy thing to do.

Closed Thread