It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Question I think this is my last question about bread.

Hi,
I couldn't make it to Whole Foods today and had to go to GIant Eagle which is real close, and my family loved that Spelt bread so much that it's been gone,lol. Anyways, since I only had time to go local, I picked up some rye bread by Country Hearth. Hearing all this stuff about wheat being "bad" and being the root of many health problems, does anyone do okay on rye? It says as the first few ingredients:
Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,), then a little later it says vital wheat gluten. I've been doing so good, but an easy way to pack a lunch is by making a sandwich cause I hate that cafeteria food. Losec? others?
I know Ive been asking alot about bread lately, lol!

Last edited by Jess75; 02-08-2005 at 12:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: I think this is my last question about bread.

I think its trial and, error Jess... you and, only you know yourself..advise is fine from what I know..I do know tha for many like my brother has difficulty with wheat..he gets constipated real bad when he eats lots of it..but, he's doing much betta with Kamut bread..I will tell him about the spelt to when I see him...sry bout the siggy thing..it wasn't appropriate for this forum..it was very funny and, cute..but, it was a nono..LOL..

layta Jess..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
I think its trial and, error Jess... you and, only you know yourself..advise is fine from what I know..I do know tha for many like my brother has difficulty with wheat..he gets constipated real bad when he eats lots of it..but, he's doing much betta with Kamut bread..I will tell him about the spelt to when I see him...sry bout the siggy thing..it wasn't appropriate for this forum..it was very funny and, cute..but, it was a nono..LOL..

layta Jess..
Hehe, not appropriate? Well, unfortunately, "health food stores" are the only places that sell "good bread" and I can't drive 20 minutes today vs 5 minutes. So, I guess your saying that people with wheat allergies should still obstain from rye? I thought rye was "better" than wheat because of digestibility,etc. Thanks Losec, we'll see what others have to say who eat rye that have adverse conditions due to wheat.
Layta

Last edited by Jess75; 02-08-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

I think you are better off with a low gluten bread..like spelt..etc My nephews eat spelt, hehe they are so cute..and, they love it

Old 02-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
I think you are better off with a low gluten bread..like spelt..etc My nephews eat spelt, hehe they are so cute..and, they love it
Yah, my little one LOVES spelt, LOL. Like I said, I couldn't get it today cause I'm studying for a test that I have to take tonight, and I won't be able to eat dinner and packing a lunch is the ONLY alternative unless I want to eat things like fried chicken wings or pizza etc, lol. And I can't take my Amy's frozen dinners to college either. I can't remember who(I think Aunt Judy), but I could have SWORN that somebody said that they are allergic to wheat but can still tolorate rye. I thought it was better tolorated than wheat. Well, I was out of bread(family totally went all out on the spelt, lol), so I needed something for tonight and a sanwich keeps me filled(natural peanut butter and jelly plus a banana, and some brown rice crackers). Like i said, I don't want that yuckey cafeteria food.lol
Layta Losec

Last edited by Jess75; 02-08-2005 at 11:20 AM.

Closed Thread