It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
(female)

laughitoff HB User
ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine

what is the difference between ephedrine and pseudoephedrine? is pseudoephedrine less effective in weight loss than ephedrine is?
thanks!

Old 02-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughitoff
what is the difference between ephedrine and pseudoephedrine? is pseudoephedrine less effective in weight loss than ephedrine is?
thanks!
Pseudoephedrine is less effective than ephedine for weight loss purposes. However, neither are particularly safe for weight loss purposes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
(female)

laughitoff HB User

but it does basically the same thing? would i have to take more pseudoephedrine to equal the "weight-loss-power" of regular ephedrine? ephedrine is illegal right? if so, where can i find it (in what pills/medications is it found where it IS legal)?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:13 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

i'm no expert, but i'd guess that its illegal for a good reason. do you really think its wise to take it in any form for this reason? surely there are much safer ways of losing weight? exercise? Low-GI diet? find out on the weight loss board.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

They work very similarly; limits are now being applied to OTC pseudoephedrine sales because the "powers that be" suspect overweight people are taking it for weight loss, and worse, TO GET HIGH. <oh, horrors>

Pseudo tends to raise BP so is probably something of a slight stroke risk but less than ephedrine.

Pseudo DOES work for weight loss in much the same way as eph....but our bodies get used to it in the same way so it's not a very good crutch to base a good weight loss plan.

Last edited by Lenin; 02-09-2005 at 04:29 AM.

Closed Thread