It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User
hmm

Hey---please reply and be helpful! Even if you think your response is silly, obvious, or otherwise, please please respond! I need some feedback of ANY sort!

I have successfully stopped bingeing, and that was quite awhile ago, even over a year. Perhaps that is the secret to success? Just stop thinking about it and dwelling on it? I have no idea how I got over it, i suppose i just got too busy with other things. Wow, I just realized that. I knew it went away, but I don't even know how *epiphany*.

Anyhow, my problem now is WHAT i eat. I can eat healthy stuff (plenty of fruits and veggies), I can workout everyday (granted I get enough sleep the night before, otherwise i am useless!), but...I CAN'T STOP EATING JUNK! Particularly, I am talking about sugary, fatty, chocolatey foods! I eat sooo much sugar! I know these foods are fine every now and then (whatever that means, right?!?!) but I eat them several times a day! And I'm not just talking about a hersey kiss or something. I'm talking about cookies, candy bars, hot chocolate, sugary drinks, etc. I have the sweet tooth from hell! Especially when I'm tired, these are the first things I reach for! I drink plenty of water, etc. etc. basically I lead a generally healthy lifestyle otherwise. Lack of sleep and overconsumption of sweets are my greatest weaknesses. What can I do? I was thinking of taking a "detox" so to speak, basically I would go a week or two without these junk foods i normally eat, however, I am afraid that will send me on a binge, make me obsess, set me up for larger problems, etc. etc. What do you all reccomend? The two week thing has not worked. So i thought, well, Ill try going one week. didnt work. Then i thought about three days. didn't work. then i thought just eating something sweet/junky once a day. didn't work.
What should i try?

(I know, good old fashioned discipline.)

ANY Ideas? Sometimes it helps when someone else tells us to do something, adds permanence, etc.

(P.S. I want to lose a few pounds because of an incident that happened today. Long story short, someone asked me if I needed a larger size (i was wanting to exchange something for a smaller size, so in essence they implied that i appear two sizes larger than what i actually wear!) I am not overweight by any means. Sometimes i eat the sweets because they will make me chubbyier, fatter. Sometimes it seems worth it if there is any chance of it making my breasts larger. you see, i've got an a $ $ the size of house, and mosquito bites for breasts. i dont want huge ones, but geez, at least a handful would be nice. something that looks a little more proportionate with my larger than average hips and butt. i love my butt, wouldn't shrink it for the world, but having a flat chest makes me feel unsexy, unfeminine, etc. i have had a larger chest in the past when i was heavier and taking particular birth control pills, and i loved the way it felt, the way my clothes looked, the way i carried myself, etc. but now...anyways just venting i needed it bad please help!

sorry so long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: hmm

ok im a guy and, for me breasts don't matter,,anyhow...

she's all yours Jess..

ps: (I know, good old fashioned discipline.)<<< this makes sense

Last edited by Losec20mg; 02-09-2005 at 03:37 PM.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
(male)

lugter HB User

STOP having all these sugary things in the house, and you should quickly (hopefully) adjust to it. It is really not that hard. When you really crave something sweet maybe you could buy some of your favorite fruits to have around instead. I stopped having all these sugary things in the house, and I found out that I really didnt need them. The best thing is that when you do have something sweet, you actually enjoy it more.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

BY THE WAY, I am concerned for my health. I am young and none of this is really affecting my health now, but I KNOW that in the years to come I will be paying for my poor eating habits. i fear that day. I know sweets arent worth unhealthiness. I just want to be healthy, feel good, and have energy without having to rely on sugar for satiety!

Old 02-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

another thing (i can't stop, haha), is the cravings. Man, they won't leave me alone! If i go without sweets, i get a headache, low energy, cranky, lower sex drive, etc. I end up caving just so i can have that temporary "high" hhaha. I know this sounds pathetic but it's all true. I've been eating this way for YEARS and so you see, I think my body is dependent! ahhh (or perhaps my mind???)

Old 02-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

If I were you, I would try to "wean" myself off all this sugar. Believe me, I know what it's like to crave sweets, but I'll tell you what I do....I buy soy milk now, or sometimes i'll buy rice milk and everytime i have to go in the kitchen and have a thought like "mmmm, what can i do for this craving", I take a sip of (preferably rice milk) right out of the carton,lol, and I know it's okay cause I'm the only one who drinks it. Another thing I do, is chew gum or eat an apple with cinnamon on it. Ya know, little things like that. Try to choose lower fat ice creams and treat yourself to it once a day, so you have something to look forward too. And for the am, try some whole grain waffles(or wheat free by vans made of brown rice if you are "with" the NO wheat thing, lol) with some light syrup(am is the worst time for me). And, can you explain your concept of eating more sugar to get bigger breasts? I'm kinda confused on that one. Tell me what you heard cause I can use a few tips myself.lol

Last edited by Jess75; 02-09-2005 at 06:10 PM.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hahahaha you know thats NOT true, Jess..

Old 02-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
hahahaha you know thats NOT true, Jess..
I know, hehe, and I would like her to elaborate on it cause I'm quite confused.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:02 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh, and I also wanted to say to get the Rice Dream rice milk, it has a lightly sweet flavor and it's soooo good and low fat.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

HelpHelpHelp, How is your protein intake? Do you eat some at every meal . . . at LEAST 15 grams? And are you eating some good fat?

Personally, I would wait until your eating gets a big stable before doing a detox/fast/or whatever, but it's an individual thing, if you really feel "inspired".

Last edited by auntjudyg; 02-10-2005 at 07:17 AM.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Chocolate rice cakes are a good alternative to keep the chocolate craving from getting out of hand. Just make sure you only take out one serving and put the bag away so it's not sitting right next to you. Sometimes when we deny ourselves things, we wind up craving them all the more and over eating. The best thing to do is to find better alternatives to eat like the poster that posted cinnamon on apples. Popcorn and parmesan cheese is another goody. Also, keep your "treat" to once per day and make sure it's a healthy one that tastes evil. Pickles are also supposed to be good for getting rid of cravings.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #12
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
I know, hehe, and I would like her to elaborate on it cause I'm quite confused.
Basically what I was implying is that when I eat too many sweets, I gain weight---FAT, not muscle, and it usually affects the size of my breasts. UNFORTUNATELY, if you've read any of my other posts, you know that the majority of goes down south first (me bottom and my thighs!). Genes...

I like sweets so much, that sometimes I would justify it to myself to be the best option because 1) they taste so good! and 2) my boobs would get bigger.

It is important to note that this doesn't happen overnight, haha. It's not like I eat an oreo and whoa! BOOBS!
Haha

Old 02-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #13
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg
HelpHelpHelp, How is your protein intake? Do you eat some at every meal . . . at LEAST 15 grams? And are you eating some good fat?

Personally, I would wait until your eating gets a big stable before doing a detox/fast/or whatever, but it's an individual thing, if you really feel "inspired".
What do you mean about this "big stable" business? Would you please expand on that? I'd greatly appreciate it. As for my protein intake, that is so ironic that you mention that because last night I was reflecting over my diet and the fact that I feel hungry a lot of the time and realized that I don't think I am consuming enough protein.

So far today, no junky junk. Oh wait...no, I ate one cookie, about 2.5 inches in diameter. It wasn't very good.

As far as this is concerned, inspiration is temporary.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #14
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpiezoe
Chocolate rice cakes are a good alternative to keep the chocolate craving from getting out of hand. Just make sure you only take out one serving and put the bag away so it's not sitting right next to you. Sometimes when we deny ourselves things, we wind up craving them all the more and over eating. The best thing to do is to find better alternatives to eat like the poster that posted cinnamon on apples. Popcorn and parmesan cheese is another goody. Also, keep your "treat" to once per day and make sure it's a healthy one that tastes evil. Pickles are also supposed to be good for getting rid of cravings.
Is once a day a good amount? Or is that too much? Of course, I am sure it depends on what you eat and how much...What do you all think? What does "sparingly" mean? (is that even on the new food guide pyramid?)

Old 02-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #15
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

Oh yeah, I had a hot chocolate this afternoon. Sheesh! You see, chocolate and sweets are such a part of my life I don't even pay attention to 'em anymore. I don't feel bad about the hot chocolate, really. 1)it was super cold outside. 2)i'm running on 4 hours of sleep and was having trouble staying awake 3)i was about to take an exam.

Closed Thread