It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
(female)

jackie09 HB User
sodium in Lean cuisine, soups

HI, I like Lean Cuisines but they have so much sodium that I'm afraid to eat too many because I'll start retaining water. I noticed that they list potassium on the nutritional label, does that do something to counteract the sodium?And soup has a lot of sodium too even though its low in calories and fat, should you limit that ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: sodium in Lean cuisine, soups

Too much salt/sodium is never good. You might want to limit them. You could make your own meals and freeze them ahead of time, so you would have less salt. You should be eating not much over 2400 mg. of sodium per day. Maybe even try to eat less than 2400 mg. per day. you don't want to completely eliminate salt though. Not enough sodium iodine and you could risk having other health problems. Your body does need the iodine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 05:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User

Yes, you need plenty of potassium. Try to get in 3600 mgs a day. And limit your sodium to at most 2400 mgs.
I think you s hould keep your potassium levels higher than your sodium levels at any time. I can remember reading something about it. That is was really the most important thing or something. Try lookin it up on google: potassium - sodium ratios

Last edited by justanothagirl; 02-12-2005 at 05:54 AM.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:23 AM   #4

anton2 HB User

I personally love Lean Cuisine meals. I have at least one a day. I don't find I am retaining any water from the salt or sodium. I look at it this way, I eat very clean all day, lots of water, veggies and fruits. I work out 5-6 times a week. Let's be realistic here none of us are posing for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition anytime soon and a liitle bit of salt or sodium won't kill you. If you're good like me 95% of the time, don't worry about little things like that and enjoy them cause they taste great and are portion controlled. I could get hit by a bus tommorow so I enjoy what I eat and refuse to eat bean sprouts and tofu so that my stomach is all that much flatter. Enjoy!!!

Old 02-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

LEan Cuisines aren;t really too bad with regards to sodium. Try a can of Progresso Soup with something approaching 2 grams sodium per can if you REALLY want to turn into Lot's wife!

Closed Thread