It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User
Liquid diet

Hi. I have just had tmj surgery and must be on a non chewing diet for 6 months. Does anyone have advice on what I can eat? It's been about 3 weeks, and I'm completely tired of milk shakes, smoothies, and oatmeal. I've got Slimfast and Ensure, but there's got to be more out there. I'm looking for something non sugary. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks a lot!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2005, 06:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User
Re: Liquid diet

Soup? I'm sure there's millions of different recipes of soups on the internet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User

Hmm...yogurt, cottage cheese (well, sorta have to smoosh it with your teeth. ), applesauce, grits, smoothies, soups?

Old 02-21-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubato
Hi. I have just had tmj surgery and must be on a non chewing diet for 6 months. Does anyone have advice on what I can eat? It's been about 3 weeks, and I'm completely tired of milk shakes, smoothies, and oatmeal. I've got Slimfast and Ensure, but there's got to be more out there. I'm looking for something non sugary. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks a lot!!!
If you were able to invest a little money, there is a great product called a Vita-Mix, there are tons of things you can do with it, and it is a lot healthier for you than plain old juicing.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Thanks for the advice everyone. I can only eat cream soups and broth with nothing in them, but will eventually be able to work up to chunkier things. I also can't do cottage cheese yet. But, I do love apple sauce. The grits were great at first, but getting a little old. I think I just reached a point of being overwhelmed today. The thought of 6 months of this is just awful. My husband was going to buy me a Vitamix as soon as I got out of the hospital, but then we saw the price. I think it's worth the investment at this point. Plus, we can sell it when the 6 months is up.
Thanks again.
Tandy

Closed Thread