It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
I love dairy products, what can I say.

Hi,
I grew up loving milk, cottage cheese, CHEESE, and yogurt and I can't seem to give it up. The whole time that I was eating it, like when I was growing up, I thought it was a healthy thing! I was listening to a "health" program on the am radio station today, and they were talking about how soy is really bad and to stay away from it. I dunno, I just wanted to let this out about how I just CAN'T give up my dairy and it seems to cause problems related to intestinal issues and such. Well I gave up milk for 3 weeks and I still had constipation, until I finally tried this psyllium husk stuff but that's a different story, but I feel much betta! I just switched to soy milk and now that I heard that, I guess I'll go back to my good old organic milk. Do you think that eating 3 servings of dairy a day is bad. On some websites, they say it's actually good for insulin levels and keeping thin(well really losing weight but I'm sure it's good for maintaining). And then I think I read that too much dairy is bad. I'm so sick of it that I'm going back to my organic milk and that I am NOT going to give up my dairy. I love it, it's low fat, and it keeps me full and tastes great. I know to some of you I may sound like a broken record but hey, isn't these boards all about letting out your feelings about things and or getting feedback etc. Sorry if I'm not making sense,lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: I love dairy products, what can I say.

LOL.. to funny

I think you'r making alot of sense..and, the three portions of dairy are good for you..that is if you'r body is absorbing the calcium it needs..some people need suppliments to make up for it..thats bacuz they have damaged intestines and, are not absorbing the calcium thats needed...obvioulsy damaged from all the crap..LOL

Old 02-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

I think dairy is VERY good for you, and as long as you're not lactose intolerant and can handle it, go for it!

Old 02-21-2005, 06:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Maybe I was a cow in my past life, heheheheh!

Old 02-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

nah you'r to small to be a cow Jess... moomoo..LOL

Old 02-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
nah you'r to small to be a cow Jess... moomoo..LOL
heheheh

Old 02-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
Hi,
I grew up loving milk, cottage cheese, CHEESE, and yogurt and I can't seem to give it up. The whole time that I was eating it, like when I was growing up, I thought it was a healthy thing! I was listening to a "health" program on the am radio station today, and they were talking about how soy is really bad and to stay away from it. I dunno, I just wanted to let this out about how I just CAN'T give up my dairy and it seems to cause problems related to intestinal issues and such. Well I gave up milk for 3 weeks and I still had constipation, until I finally tried this psyllium husk stuff but that's a different story, but I feel much betta! I just switched to soy milk and now that I heard that, I guess I'll go back to my good old organic milk. Do you think that eating 3 servings of dairy a day is bad. On some websites, they say it's actually good for insulin levels and keeping thin(well really losing weight but I'm sure it's good for maintaining). And then I think I read that too much dairy is bad. I'm so sick of it that I'm going back to my organic milk and that I am NOT going to give up my dairy. I love it, it's low fat, and it keeps me full and tastes great. I know to some of you I may sound like a broken record but hey, isn't these boards all about letting out your feelings about things and or getting feedback etc. Sorry if I'm not making sense,lol.
I don't care what they say, I won't give it up either....one time on an old exericise program, the PHD bodybuilder who was the host mentioned dairy was a higher "quality" protein than meat. Meat was second, nuts and vegetables were under meat. He meant it was most easily absorbed and used by the body.

The highest quality calcium comes from dairy. Milk also has various vitamins and tryptophan, a vital amino acid.

I'm 47 years old, very healthy. My son wondered why I'm not even in perimenopause yet (I have extremly regular periods) while all his friends mom's are already having such problems. I go to the gym 4 times a week. I'm no hulk but I'm only 5'3' 47 year old woman who can do several sets of 50 lbs. curls and unassisted tricep dips (no steroid, not even OTC bodybuilding supplements).

Milk is a big staple in my diet, it's working for me....

Last edited by Jennita; 02-24-2005 at 12:06 PM.

Old 02-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Personally, I avoid it - but haven't eliminated it completely. Mostly I eat a veggie cheese made from brown rice (weird I know!!) and its DELICIOUS and super high in protein, I also eat cottage cheese, plain, live yoghurt and kerfir.

But, every now and then I buy some good quality brie, stilton, and talegio, some Carrs crackers, some seedless grapes, some kalamata, oil cured olives and a bottle of wine and my boyfriend and I rent a movie and feast like king and queen!! Its one of my FAVORITE feasts and the most delicious food to eat!! But, I treat it like a treat and don't do it all the time (well, I used to do it every two weeks - on payday!!)

Closed Thread