It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #16

RebelRocker HB User
Re: Snack Attack!!!

What is a desirable level of calories for a normal adult?

Old 02-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliann24
I meant to say... Is peanut butter GOOD for you...
yes peanut butter and nuts in general are very good for you. just don't eat either in excess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

My choice 2 hours before dinnertime is usually a glass of something called KEFIR...a creamy fermented milk. A good substitute might be a container of unsweetened, unfruited yoghurt. It's filling for an hour or two, not too calorific and GOOD for you.

Last edited by Lenin; 02-24-2005 at 09:45 AM.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:56 AM   #19
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

you can also have some corn tortillas..filled with slices of chicken, mushrooms, slices of tomatoes, red onions..Just makes yourself one..trust me you will feel stuffed..hehe ..me I warm mines up in the oven for like 5 minutes/

Old 02-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #20
(female)

caliann24 HB User

Yogurt sounds good! What about frozen yogurt... is that comparable? Also, what about dried fruits like apricots and raisins... too many carbs??? What does everyone eat for breakfast? right now I am doing two pieces of whole grain bread with Jelly, a piece of fruit, and a huge bottle of water. I am usually good till lunch, but sometimes I feel I need more in the morning. Any healthy suggestions? What are some cereals that are good for you? I try to stick with All Bran or Multigrain Cheerios, but I get bored with them!

Old 02-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #21
(female)

caliann24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
you can also have some corn tortillas..filled with slices of chicken, mushrooms, slices of tomatoes, red onions..Just makes yourself one..trust me you will feel stuffed..hehe ..me I warm mines up in the oven for like 5 minutes/
That's what I usually eat for lunch... exactly!!! I use BBQ sauce too... It fills me up for about an hour or so, but then I need a snack.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #22
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

ok its simple..make yourself 2, have one for lunch and, one for your snack..at least it will be a healthier snack..

Old 02-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #23
(female)

caliann24 HB User

Thought about doing that, but I get bored eating the same thing twice. I guess I was just looking for alternatives. Thanks!!!

Old 02-25-2005, 05:46 AM   #24

pillzpillzpillz HB User

An Awesome cereal is Kashi GOLean CRUNCH! Now, if you have tried other Kashi cereals and feel that they are bland, like eating sticks, just give "Crunch" a try - I am SO HOOKED on this cereal, however, as usual, I have to monitor how much of it I eat b/c it's addicting.

This cereal has 8g of fiber, 9g of protein per 1 Cup serving - calories are 190 and 3g of fat - we all need a little fat in our diets. It is very filling and reminds me of granola (not low-fat granola either!) - just give it a try, you'll love it!

Old 02-25-2005, 07:35 AM   #25
(female)

caliann24 HB User

Is it flakey? I ask because sometimes I take my cereal to work with me, and I have to eat it without milk. That's why I usually stick to Cheerios, because I can eat them one by one. I'm picky... I know. Thanks though, I will check it out!

Cali

Old 02-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #26

pillzpillzpillz HB User

Quote:
Is it flakey? I ask because sometimes I take my cereal to work with me, and I have to eat it without milk. That's why I usually stick to Cheerios, because I can eat them one by one. I'm picky... I know. Thanks though, I will check it out!

Cali
Hi - no, it's not flaky, it reminds me of granola, in fact it looks very similar to that as well - very good

Old 02-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #27
(female)

caliann24 HB User

Thanks! They didn't have that kind, but I tried the Heart to Heart... Not bad!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 04:00 AM   #28

pillzpillzpillz HB User

Quote:
Thanks! They didn't have that kind, but I tried the Heart to Heart... Not bad!!!
Hi there - Heart to Heart isn't like the Kashi crunch (in my opinion) I wish you could get the Kashi kind...maybe I can send you a box?? Let me know if you want me to do that :-)

-Pillz

Old 03-01-2005, 05:30 AM   #29
Veteran
(female)

juicy*lucy HB User

Snacks...if you like yoghurt try no fat yoghurt with fruit compote or dried fruit - good for you and will keep you full. A good breakfast will help with hunger attacks as well, something like porridge is really good for you and will keep you full til lunch! Chopped tomatoes from a can, heated in the microwave or on the hob are also really nice, absolutely no fat, great for you and filling.

If you're hungry in the afternoon it's better to be prepared and have something healthy to eat rather than wait til dinner when you'll be really really hungry and eat anything! A lot of people swear by 6 small meals a day anyways, so you could consider that

Old 03-01-2005, 07:44 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Yogurt sounds good! What about frozen yogurt... is that comparable? Also, what about dried fruits like apricots and raisins... too many carbs??? What does everyone eat for breakfast? right now I am doing two pieces of whole grain bread with Jelly, a piece of fruit, and a huge bottle of water. I am usually good till lunch, but sometimes I feel I need more in the morning. Any healthy suggestions? What are some cereals that are good for you? I try to stick with All Bran or Multigrain Cheerios, but I get bored with them!
For breakfast you'd be better off with more protein; an omelette, miso with tofu and seaweed, smoked salmon, bean soup etc. (but its good to start off with a handfull of fruit - esp beries)

When you start off with toast and jelly (as good as it is) you just raise your blood sugar levels and set yourself up for a sharp dip and sudden hunger.

Unless you're about to go running, you don't really need so much carbs first thing in the morning.

Closed Thread