It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Question What kind of problems do other give you about your specific eating habits?

I was wondering how everyone else deals with criticism from family and friends when it comes to your diet.

While on vacation my boyfriend gave me a hard time about not wanting to eat too late, not wanting to eat unhealthy food and not wanting to drink alcohol all the time. He acted like I was ruining our vacation for being concerned about what I eat.

And yet, he doesn't seem to mind the wonderfully fit and toned body or clear skin that results from such eating.

What aren't loved ones more supportive of dietary restrictions? Isn't it we who have to give up stuff we love that are inconvenienced the most?

Old 02-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: What kind of problems do other give you about your specific eating habits?

oh yeah, I hear ya..well for me it might be a little diferent bacus I can't eat anywhere or anything..everything for me has to be planned..and, has to be specially prepared..and, I know exactly what I want and, when I want it. So when people tell me..'don't worry you can cheat'..well I just look at them with a strange look..I think these are not friends for me .. but, anyhow I think your boyfriend is not being really nice to you..maybe he's proly with you bacuz you got that hot bod..lol

I know exactly what your saying veggie .. thats why we have these boards to let it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
oh yeah, I hear ya..well for me it might be a little diferent bacus I can't eat anywhere or anything..everything for me has to be planned..and, has to be specially prepared..
Restaurants make it so difficult for people like us to eat, dont' they?? Its almost impossible to get a plate of steamed veggies and that not even a strange or exotic request!!

I feel for you too not being able to eat gluten or wheat!! What a nightmare eating out must be!! I avoid gluten and wheat but I CAN eat it if I want.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
maybe he's proly with you bacuz you got that hot bod..lol

haha. Not so 'hot' - maybe just 'healthy'!! During vacation I was going to be going to a special event and had a dress I had to fit into so I was really trying to watch what I ate.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Yah, sometimes my husband gets mad at me when I only eat a "fistfull" serving of pasta, ONLY 2 pieces of pizza(he can eat like 6 or 7 and he's THIN and it makes me sick) and hardly ever eat potatoe chips and dip with him, etc, etc. However, my healthy eating habits have rubbed off on him a little bit. Although I still think he eats too much junk.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

Hubby is bugging me to eat more, but I ignore him. Went out yesterday with a friend and our kids, and she wanted to go out to eat. I got a kid's fruit bowl (the only healthy food on the whole menu) and I could tell she was kind of irked at that. The thought of eating the fried, processed, fat-laden food there --there was no way after I have worked so hard to eat natural. Now I have to buy a coffee grinder--the ground flax I bought the other day was rancid--it tasted awful and Im grinding it myself now.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Ya know what's really fun? Go to a fast food joint ,like Burger King or McDonald's, and order one of those fancy hamburgers, like a whopper, without meat and see what kind of look you get.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #8
(female)

Jogaholic HB User

Haha, I can totally relate to what ya'll are talking about. I've come to love eating healthily too - and like Losec, I have to have everything planned out and I have to make it myself! Some of my friends are finally getting used to it, but they still think I'm a picky eater. I can't help it, bring on the fruits and veggies while they chow down on those greasy, fat-fried hamburgers and tacos!

Old 03-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #9
(male)

tbee HB User

I've been newly diagnosed as having two masses in my chest. So far they have been treating me for the pain. My other problem is that I don't have any kind of an apetite. When I make myself eat, I can only get a couple of bites in. Losing weight and wondering what others do to get some kind of nutrician.

Closed Thread