It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
(male)

vinny1957 HB User
juicing

Have heard that juicing has a lot of benifits. I have heart problems (CAD) and wanted to know if anyone has heard what type of juicing would be good for this? I can't have fruit juice, too much sugar.
Thanks.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
(male)

The Len HB User
Re: juicing

Juicing does have many health benefits however with your specific problem, I would ask your doctor how much of what you can eat or drink. I will say definitely that to fight coronary artery disease, the fastest and most efficient way in your own home is to drink at least 5 cups or more of green tea a day spread out evenly from each other. Green tea not only fights coronary artery disease but inhibits Atherosclerosis, thins the blood and helps prevent blood clots, protects the heart in patients with acute cardiovascular disease, minimizes damage to the brain after a stroke, lowers blood pressure and helps prevent hypertension, helps prevent the development of Atherosclerosis and Cancer, protects against Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Breast Cancer, Brain Tumors in Children, Colon Cancer, Lung Cancer, Improves the Efficacy of Cancer Drugs while lessening their negative side effects, improves insulin sensitivity in Type 2 Diabetes, Protects against Kidney Disease, Prevents Osteoporosis and Peridontal disease, Protects the Liver from alcohol and other harmful chemicals, promotes fat loss, and protects against Cognitive Decline, Alzheimer's Disease, and Parkinson's Disease. So my advise? Drink Green Tea. Lots of it everyday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Len
Juicing does have many health benefits however with your specific problem, I would ask your doctor how much of what you can eat or drink. I will say definitely that to fight coronary artery disease, the fastest and most efficient way in your own home is to drink at least 5 cups or more of green tea a day spread out evenly from each other. Green tea not only fights coronary artery disease but inhibits Atherosclerosis, thins the blood and helps prevent blood clots, protects the heart in patients with acute cardiovascular disease, minimizes damage to the brain after a stroke, lowers blood pressure and helps prevent hypertension, helps prevent the development of Atherosclerosis and Cancer, protects against Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Breast Cancer, Brain Tumors in Children, Colon Cancer, Lung Cancer, Improves the Efficacy of Cancer Drugs while lessening their negative side effects, improves insulin sensitivity in Type 2 Diabetes, Protects against Kidney Disease, Prevents Osteoporosis and Peridontal disease, Protects the Liver from alcohol and other harmful chemicals, promotes fat loss, and protects against Cognitive Decline, Alzheimer's Disease, and Parkinson's Disease. So my advise? Drink Green Tea. Lots of it everyday.
I agree. I love my green tea.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

The only reason I would see that you might want to watch your sugar is if you are diabetic or borderline diabetic or you're counting carbs. Even if you were, you would still have unsweetened organge juice in your diet. (My father did.) The potassium in fruit such as oranges, kiwi, and bananas are very good for heart patients. Basically, all the fruit and veggies that are good for you have fruit sugar in them. Carrots are also good, but they have sugar in them too.

The best thing to do is think red and orange, because those are the types of fruit and vegetables that are good for heart disease. Could you have red peppers and tomatoes?

Old 03-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #5
(male)

vinny1957 HB User

Thanks for the help. I will start drinking green tea and think orange and red. The reason for waqtching sugar is my sugar level is high normal and mydoctor said to watch my intake .

Old 03-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Would berries have less sugar for you?

Closed Thread