It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
Crackers? healthy snacks?

hey! well, i am now making a list of what are healthy snacks i can eat during school. i am in the process of gaining weight but i wanna do it the healthy way. i bought some whole wheat breton crackers. what if i had a couple of those with cheeze? what else? today i had raisins, carrots, and rice cakes. but are crackers good for me?

Old 03-02-2005, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: Crackers? healthy snacks?

I am not much for crackers--to much sugar and flour. I would say if you are trying to gain weight, nuts would make a good snack. They are high in protein and dense in calories. Almonds are especially good. For additional health benefits, I would eat these unsalted. You can find unsalted nuts in the produce section of your local grocery store. Dried fruits are good, but watch for added sugar-I discovered most have it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

cheese and crackers are good...knwoing your background sammy, i wouldnt focus on finding low sugar low carb things...mini muffins (carrot/bran) are good, especially if you bake them yourself and freeze them! I personally like cottage cheese, applesauce, fruits, veggies and dip (ie salad dressing), snack mixes/trail mixes, granola bars, cheese strings, crackers and cheese, ham chunks (or deli meat rolled up), pb and j sandwich (or spread on crackers), popcorn,yogurt, pretzels, NUTS (like mentioned), juice, cookies and milk (i know, but to be honest, when gaining weight, a calorie IS a calorie and does nto matter if its from apples or cake...its just a matter of the nutrients you get in, and given your background i would say do NOT limit what you can eat)...just about anything is ok in moderation

Old 03-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yay! that works for me! thanks girly girl

Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
(female)

coolcat15 HB User

SammyT I think crackers are a very good choice!! The cheese adds a nice touch as well. I agree that popcorn and pretzels are a very good idea. There is also some low fat chips and rice cakes that you can chose from. Don't worry about the calories in those. A little bit of sugar is good for you! Anyways have fun and I'm glad your putting on weight in a healthy way!

Closed Thread