It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User
1 coffee a day bad?

I was curious if drinking 1 cup of caffienated coffee (or even tea for that matter) would become addictive or start causing withdrawls if I didn't have it?

I really like a hot mug of Flavored coffee in the afternoon (also a pick me up if I'm feeling sleepy), but am worried about the caffiene.

It's not as bad as 3 times a day?

Old 03-08-2005, 08:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
Re: 1 coffee a day bad?

i've many articles which support the practice of drinking two cups of tea a day for good health. both tea and coffee contain anti-oxidants and so when drunk IN MODERATION are beneficial to one's health. again, the key is just to drink them in moderation. one cup of cofee in the morning is fine to act as a mild stimulant (anymore than that may lead to longer term fatigue in the day). one cup will give anti-oxidant benefits; the caffeine will have been processed in the body completely by the time you go to bed, meaning REM will not be affected at all; it will not contain enough caffeine to get addicted.

alex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

i've read many articles which support the practice of drinking two cups of tea a day for good health. both tea and coffee contain anti-oxidants and so when drunk IN MODERATION are beneficial to one's health. again, the key is just to drink them in moderation. one cup of cofee in the morning is fine to act as a mild stimulant (anymore than that may lead to longer term fatigue in the day). one cup will give anti-oxidant benefits; the caffeine will have been processed in the body completely by the time you go to bed, meaning REM will not be affected at all; it will not contain enough caffeine to get you addicted.

alex.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Perfectly fine to have one or two cups of coffee or tea a day. And I also feel that fully caffeinated is the healthier way to drink it. De-Caffeination is a bizarre bit of processing and even the so-called "water-method" uses chemicals to leach out the caffeine (and taste.)

Personally I think MUCH more is still ok but some people are more sensitive to the effects of caffeine than I...I was WEANED on coffee!

Last edited by Lenin; 03-08-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

hey moderator dudes. i'm really sorry about the double post thingy going on up there. my computer was being really slow and i must have submitted the reply twice during my rage. feel free to delete one of them. sorry again.

alex.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:23 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Perfectly fine to have one or two cups of coffee or tea a day. And I also feel that fully caffeinated is the healthier way to drink it. De-Caffeination is a bizarre bit of processing and even the so-called "water-method" uses chemicals to leach out the caffeine (and taste.)

Personally I think MUCH more is still ok but some people are more sensitive to the effects of caffeine than I...I was WEANED on coffee!
just as long as it isn't five cups of coffee a day. studies have shown that those who drink five cups of coffee a day are at a 50% higher risk of heart attacks.

alex.

Last edited by ratboy83; 03-08-2005 at 08:24 AM.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #7
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User

Ok cool! Thanks for the replies now I won't worry about the caffiene so much.

But as far as the antioxidants and all that, flavored International coffees (with sugar) probably wouldn't be as good as regular coffee, huh? I can't stand regular coffee.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I guess it depends on how you feel. Whenever I drink coffee - even one cup - I end up craving it everyday. So for me, its better to avoid it. I also get a muggy headache, and aches in my face (weird I know) and around my eyes.

But if you're not affected by it and your diet is otherwise good, I cup ain't go' hurt!!

Closed Thread