It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
(male)

jaimepeterson HB User
Multigrain Quest

I am not fond of most multigrain breads. What else is out there that isnít too time consuming to prepare?

All suggestions appreciated.

JP

Old 03-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: Multigrain Quest

Are you referring to making your own bread?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Multigrain Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimepeterson
I am not fond of most multigrain breads. What else is out there that isnít too time consuming to prepare?

All suggestions appreciated.

JP
Jamie,

I'm assuming you're looking for ways to get more fiber into the carbo part of your diet.

Steel-cut oats for breakfast. Bring bring to boil, cover, turn off heat and let sit for 10+ minutes while you dress.
A whole grain cereal that has NO sugar -- add fruit or a small amount of sugar yourself.
A salad with added canned beans (kidney, garbanzo, navy) and/or corn.
Wraps made with whole-grain tortillas and beans.
Write down the names of the wholegrain breads you DO like and where you bought them so you'll remember them for the future and avoid the ones you don't like.

Get a bread machine and experiment with combinations of flours and ingredients to suit your taste. I think the reason many whole-grain breads taste like sawdust is that they leave out sweetening, milk products and eggs. When I had a bread machine I prefered to have it do all the hard work and then beep at me just before baking. I would then put the dough in the breadpans and bake in the regular oven -- I liked the crust better that way. But it comes out fine either way. When the loaves are cool, slice and put into the freezer. Take out a couple of slices in the morning to make your sandwich and it'll be defrosted by lunchtime.

Good luck with your experiments.

Rheanna

Closed Thread