It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User
How can I get more water in my diet?

One of my main problems is that I hate the taste of water, bottled, tap..yuck. I know my body needs water so how can I get more water in? Does anyone have any tricks or ways that might help me start liking to drink more water? thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: How can I get more water in my diet?

Well, I won't say its a trick, but what I do is try to drink lots of water when I exercise when I am really wanting a drink. During exercise wateri s the only thing I like to drink so I make sure to really drink a lot. Also when I take my vitamins/supplements/meds I drink a full 8 oz glass to swallow them, so that I am doing about 4-5 times a day. Then I always make it a rule to have to drink a full 24 oz water bottle every time I feed my babies, so that's breakfast lunch and dinner. That's how I get all my water in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 07:28 AM   #3

jazzyE HB User

Have you tried putting lemon in your water? It might make the water bearable to you. Just squeeze half a lemon in a glass of water.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
(female)

dixie129 HB User

My daughter hates water my son loves it. So I buy her the water from walmart that is flavored it is there brand. It has no cals but it is carbonated. She loves the stuff and I have to buy it in cases. She has to drink alot of water because of the meds she is takeing. So this was our alternative. The doc said she was doing great with it and it helped.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User

Thanks for all your ideas. I think I will start out with the Walmart flavored water and after awhile try to get to the plain water. I think that will help. I once even got sick from drinking water. I had to drink alot before I had my sonogram for my baby before he was born, and that right there just turned me off of water. But I am going to try again. THANKS

Old 03-20-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie in mary
One of my main problems is that I hate the taste of water, bottled, tap..yuck. I know my body needs water so how can I get more water in? Does anyone have any tricks or ways that might help me start liking to drink more water? thanks
Me too!! I hate water and I NEVER feel thirsty!! And I've always been this way.

What works for me is that I fill up my 1 liter bottle every morning and tell myself that is ALL I have to drink and then I try to make sure its all gone by the end of the day.

Theres really no other way of getting clean water into you body than just forcing yourself to drink it. Think of it as medicine!!

Old 03-20-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Don't do the flavored water thing. Your body needs water not more preservatives. Drink your water like a man!! Just knock it back!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #8

llamamuffinmama HB User

also, eat more fruits and vegetables! things like melons, grapes, kiwi, berries, citrus, pears, apples, peaches, spinach, lettuces, tomatoes, bok choy, corn, snow peas, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, etc. have a really high water content AND they're packed with amazing amounts of vitamins and minerals, and cancer protective phytochemicals and antioxidants! the more of these foods you eat the better, plus it will reduce the amount of straight water you'll have to drink.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie in mary
You can experiment with herbal teas and see if there's a flavor that you like. Flavored waters have a lot of artificial flavors and artificial sugars in them.

--Rheanna

Old 03-21-2005, 06:07 AM   #10
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User

Another way to add water into your diet without actually having to just drink it plain, is make water-based soups/broths such as chicken noodle, tomato macaroni, etc and that's a great way! Also drink de-caffienated tea, 100% juice, and even make yourself oatmeal (well, I mix mine with water instead of milk...it takes about 3/4 glass or so to get the consistency I like, so that's almost an extra glass! Hope this helps!

Old 03-21-2005, 06:55 AM   #11
(female)

330exGirlOrl HB User

I am in the same boat as you guys. For the most part I can not stand drinking water. I have noticed though, that some bottled waters taste different then others. Aquafina and Dasani are the only two brands of water that I can drink, they actually taste good! Zephyrhills and Nestle have REALLY bad aftertastes. Also, I make LOTS of sugar free kool-aid. When I am at the gym I drink a lot... so I take advantage of that. At work, I have been drinking lots of tea (hot and cold). I have a whole drawer full of teas so that I dont get tired of the same flavors. I have Chai, Green, and also this REALY good one that I found at Publix, it has 5 different fruit teas, they are yummy!

Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I hated drinking water and never drank it until about 3 or 4 months ago. I decided to stop drinking soda and bought a water bottle to fill throughout the day. Now I need my water or I feel deprived. I forced myself enough and now I love it.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:00 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User

What type of tea are you talking about that you found and love? I would like to try that. thanks. This question is for 330exGirlOrl. Thanks everyone for all the ideas.

Closed Thread