It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Gluttonous weekend...

I am feeling anxious after a gluttonous weekend. Dinner party friday night...dinner party saturday night...big brunch this morning for Easter...and barely any exercise!!

For example, this morning I had:
Fruit (melon, berries, grapes, and pineapple)
Shrimp and crab claws with cocktail sauce (3 each)
Caprese salad (tomatoe and mozzarella)
2 crackers
small piece of mushroom chicken
steamed vegetables (with a little butter, i imagine)
...and then some jelly beans when I got home!

Each night I've had dessert, which makes me a little uncomfortable, too.

I just feel like I have been an eating/no exercise machine and I feel really uncomfortable. Can a weekend of gluttony make that big of a difference or is it all in my head?

Old 03-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Gluttonous weekend...

its pretty much in your head..and, what you ate is not much, for me that would be a snack

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Don't worry too much about it. I allow myself one cheat meal a week unless "special occasions" come around. You know Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. In these cases, I just let myself cheat the entire day. Trust me, I ate a whole lot more and a whole lot worse than you did! Just be sure to put it behind you and get back to work on Monday! And if it makes you feel any better, the body actually responds well to a day over extra calories or over eating.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Not to be mean- but are you kidding? What you had is healthier than most people would ever eat in a day, ESPECIALLY on easter weekend when surrounded by chocolates and candy! I think you would really benefit from talking to a nutritionist, who will assure you that your "gluttonous weekend" is nothing at ALL to worry about... your views on what is and isn't healthy are quite distorted and you need to realize that you still are eating REALLY healthfully- jelly beans are the worst thing you had, and that is one of the HEALTHIER "junk foods"! You are still trying to gain weight and have been doing well so far- dont get off track now!

Old 03-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yah, thats nothing to worry about

Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

To me, that seems like alot for just one morning!

Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

That was brunch so it was breakfast and lunch combined. As it turns out, I weighed myself yesterday and I actually LOST weight. Not at all what I would have expected! I am having such a hard time gauging what is "normal" and what is pure gluttony. Ay yay yay....

Old 03-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Thats not exactly a good thing considering you are too thin and are trying to gain...listen we all (in this board) can clearly see that you have MAJOR ISSUES WITH FOOD AND BODY IMAGE, and clearly just eating more is not working for you. You can't do this alone because every time you try you just post another message on how you overate (where in fact "overeating" is more like undereating for the rest of the world). Nobody wants to be mean and we all are trying to help, but you have to understand- you cannot do this alone because you haev very distorted views on what is too much andd/or normal! Your other post where you again felt you were out of control just goes to show that again, you cannot do this alone because clearly you are not doing it successfully...please get help- a therapist (i know you said you had one, but use it to your benefit!), a nutritionist and/or a doctor's support, and let them guide you through rough times..

Old 03-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Dear girlygirl - I know that I obsess about food/exercise, but I would not refer to my issues as "major." Maybe that's just what I see though. I am not working on this alone - I am seeing a therapist as well as a nutritionist to help me and I have definitely made a lot of progress. However, I still have a long way to go. I'm sorry if sometimes my posts seem repetetive or ridiculous, but I am just stating how I feel and looking for some kind of reassurance that what I am doing is right.

Today, for example, I feel really fat because I did not exercise at all and I feel that I ate a lot. In a perfect world I would run 30 minutes everyday and do strength training 3 or 4 days and eat whatever I felt like...but that does not happen. Sunday I ran 30 minutes and tuesday I ran 20 minutes - that's all the cardio I've done in the past few days and I can't stand it! Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: About 3/4 cup of cereal mixed with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a banana, Coffee with milk
Lunch: Large salad with chicken, jicama, tomatoes, avocado, peas, and caramelized onions with lowfat honey mustard dressing
Snack: Large apple, 4 strawberries, 2 peppermint taffy, white cheddar rice crisps
Dinner: Homemade burrito - lowcarb wheat tortilla, tofu, salsa, lettuce, corn, 2 slices soy cheese, nonfat refried beans
Dessert: Medium frozen yogurt

Old 04-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #10

seekingnormal05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygirl11
Not to be mean- but are you kidding? What you had is healthier than most people would ever eat in a day, ESPECIALLY on easter weekend when surrounded by chocolates and candy! I think you would really benefit from talking to a nutritionist, who will assure you that your "gluttonous weekend" is nothing at ALL to worry about... your views on what is and isn't healthy are quite distorted and you need to realize that you still are eating REALLY healthfully- jelly beans are the worst thing you had, and that is one of the HEALTHIER "junk foods"! You are still trying to gain weight and have been doing well so far- dont get off track now!

Really?

You know, this is interesting to me. One of the mysteries of life.

I don't know the bigger issues with this poster. But, to me, the food
listed for brunch did seem like a lot. And to have desert each night
again, for me, would lead to a gain if I'd eaten other "full" meals that
day.

But I've always been amazed as I watch co-workers eat double what
I do at lunch and stay thin. I've always wondered if they are just
big lunch eaters, then restrict their intake the rest of the day.
Or if they can just tolerate way more calories than I can.

It doesn't really matter. Whatever is my truth is my truth. And
I finally got it through my thick head that it didn't matter what
anyone else could eat, I just can't. But
it has always been a curiosity of mine as to what people are
really eating. And for this to seem like a small amount to some people
and a lot to other, just explains my wondering.

Old 04-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I guess it is to each his own. Some people can eat a ton of food and not gain weight, some cannot. Some people prefer McDonald's for lunch, some prefer Whole Foods Market. I am definitely not one of those people that can eat WHATEVER she wants, but I also didn't gain weight from my so-called "gluttonous" weekend, either. There are so many factors that you have to take into consideration: meals that your coworkers eat that you don't see, how much they exercise, how much they ate over the weekend, etc, etc...the list goes on. I've learned that you can't compare yourself or your food to anyone else - it just messes with your head! You have to just know yourself and trust it. SO much easier said than done.

Closed Thread