It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Quiznos??

Does anyone know the nutritional information for any Quiznos? Their website only lists a few sandwiches. I had a regular sized (8") turkey sandwich today with a little bit of the honey french dressing on it, and I have no idea how good/bad it was for me.

By the way, How does my day seem in general??
Breakfast: Large apple, Grande Nonfat Latte
Lunch: Regular Quiznos sub with turkey, lettuce, tomatoe and honey french
Snack: 2 mini reeses cups, 1 orange, 4 small pieces of licorice
Dinner: yet to come....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Re: Quiznos??

y have the reeses and licorish... also you probably want to use wholemilke for the latte.. cause the apple has no fat and you should have some fat/protein mixture in the morning so it enforces non-sluggish diet cheating acts throughout the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Why have the reeses and licorice? Because I wanted them! Haha. I don't think I'd ever use whole milk in my latte, but I should have had some cottage cheese or cereal or something...

Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Check the gluttonous wknd post for my reply, and please just try to stop worrying about every little thing- not only that, but why are you counting calories if you are trying to gain weight still? And the other poster is right- you SHOULD be having whole milk, especially given your progress...

Old 03-31-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
(female)

tdot HB User

LS,

You need to LET GO. From your posts, it seems that you are obsessing about food all the time. Eat healthy and excercise, that's all you need to do. Are you still seeing a counsellor re: these issues?

My best friend has the same difficulty as you. It is hard to stand by and watch people be obsessed with food.

Good luck.

Last edited by tdot; 03-31-2005 at 12:45 PM.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Dear tdot,
Yes, I am seeing a counselor and she has helped tremendously, however, I still feel somewhat obsessed with food/exercise. The last time I did cardio, for example, was monday or tuesday. Today is thursday. I am SO anxious that all I can think about is how I MUST wake up tomorrow morning and go straight to the gym and run. I wish I could be more laid back about these things.

Trust me, I've gotten better, but it's still really hard. I am constantly thinking about it. I wish I could just LET GO like you said, but it's not that easy. I hate it! I am just afraid that if I let go I will grow huge or something - even though right now I guess I could technically stand to gain a few lbs.

I really don't know what to do....

Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
(female)

tdot HB User

I know it is hard. In my profession I work with individuals with eating disorders all the time. I know it is very difficult to overcome. You just need to keep at it.

If you want to change, you will in time.

Good luck!

Old 04-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

What is your profession, if you don't mind me asking?

I do want to change, but not wholeheartedly. Part of me is happy where I am (weight-wise) and does not see it necessary to gain weight. Especially since at 6ft and 135 I am in the "healthy" BMI range (even if on the low end..) I eat normally and am not unhappy, so I don't understand what to do from here...if I'm not starving myself, I'm happy, and I like how I look, what reason is there to gain weight?

Old 04-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #9
(female)

tdot HB User

I think what your problem (and many other's problems) is that professionals dealing with eating disorders tend to recognize weight gain as a success, where positive behavior change should be celebrated as a success. I always tell my clients that I don't care what the scale reads, if they are changing the behavior, that is the most important thing. If you are at a good weight now, then you don't need to gain weight, you need to stop the behaviors of the eating disorder. It seems that you have the whole eating thing down, but I see on the board that you think about what you eat a lot. Maybe this should be your new goal - but make sure you start out small. Don't tell yourself you'll 'never' stress about food. Tell yourself that you will not stress about food for 'one day', then 'two days', so on. You need to change your behavior and how you think, that is the disease for most people, not the weight.

Last edited by tdot; 04-04-2005 at 07:00 AM.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I know what you mean. I want to change my view of food and stop obsessing over things so much. I'm definitely a lot better about it than I used to be, but I still freak out if I have a rich dessert or eat a lot of food one day. This weekend, for example, I had a lot of fun and ate and drank with friends. Sunday night I felt really bad - like I had eaten a TON of food and like I didn't deserve to have had that much fun. But when I really think about it, I didn't eat THAT much and yeah i drank beer, but oh well! I just sometimes think that there has to be a negative consequence to having fun and being laid back, but I guess there doesn't need to be! It was almost weird that I didn't worry about what I was eating or drinking all weekend. I feel like I should have gained 10lbs or had something terrible happen, but it didn't. It just doesn't seem right....

Old 04-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #11
(female)

tdot HB User

LS,

What you're feeling is anxiety around food. As time goes on and you succeed with each goal of changing your behavior, you will find that you worry less about calories, grams of fat etc.

As for the feeling of gaining weight over one weekend. Here is some science for you.

1 pound of fat = 3500 kcal

Therefore in order to gain 10 pounds you would need to eat 35,000 kcal extra in a weekend in order to gain this!!!! I doubt you ate that much! As you can see you body requires a lot of extra calories over a long period of time to actually gain weight.

Closed Thread