It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
sugarless ice cream?

hey..i am on this whole health kick but my mom's b/f ordered some sugarfree ice cream. can nebody tell me the taste, nutiritional valeu and such in these? are they still extremely fattening or no?

Old 04-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User
Re: sugarless ice cream?

I am doing a low carb diet and I always have sugar free ice cream in the freezer for when I am have a sweet attack. I dont know if its because I just miss sweets, but I really like all the low carb chocolates and ice creams, especially any of them with peanut butter!!!! But yeah, they are still a little on the fattening side, they are just made with a sugar substitute instead of the real thing....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
(female)

Honeyyawn HB User

Sugarless ice cream doesn't mean it's going to be healthy for you. If you see something say fat-free, people alway assume it good. But if you don't read the nutritional value or facts people will see that it the same calories for one severing as in the non-fatting. I say if you eat a lot of ice creams, just go for the sugar one. Sugar have no calories in it. Beside I tried the sugarless ice cream and I don't like it. I'm a sweet tooth person. It all depend on your preference if you like it all not. If you want to try it go ahead.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

Sugarfree ice cream is most always sweetened with Aspartame which can casue a whole lot of new problems. It is not a safe sweetener even tho it's been approved to use in most sugarfree products. For instance, a few side effects are memory loss, headaches, blurred vision, heart palpatations, dizziness, etc. I've read several horror stories from long-term ingestion of Aspartame (also known as Equal).

If you can't do without ice cream, eat the real thing, just watch your serving size. Also, check the ingredients and get the name brand that has only wholesome ingredients, albeit fat and sugar, which are the main ingredients in all brands. Stay away from as much preservatives and additives as you can, and enjoy.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

The major sweetner of "NO SUGAR ADDED ICE CREAM" is ALWLAYS a sugar alcohol or combo of them with names like maltitol, mannitol, xylitol, sorbitol. They decrease the effective food calories as compared to sugar and cane syrup.
The question is CAN YOUR STOMACH STAND IT. These things are brutally hard to digest and can cause cramos and furious diarrhea in many, many people. (I've found MALTITOL the worst offender.)
If you can eat the stuff, you can save some calories but remember that most of ice cream's calories comes from butterfat...at least the EDIBLE ones!
I was on the fad for a month or so, but I wouldn't have another spoonful uunless I was paid BIG BUCKS...their nauseating quality creeps up on you.

Last edited by Lenin; 04-08-2005 at 05:08 AM.

Closed Thread