It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Carbs in morning make me hungry and never satisfied.

I have noticed that when i have a full meal of only protein... Omlette.. I never feel hungry after... But if i touch a carb... BAHH there it goes... i feel like i can eat anything- and everything. Today i had an egg with a muffin and cereal with soy and i kept eating bread when i came at school(donut)!! it was crazy- and it made me feel hungrier during the day. Unlimited amounts of cereal never helps... whole wheat to me is like white bread... and you know the deal... So yea.. opinions

Old 04-09-2005, 01:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User
Re: Carbs in morning make me hungry and never satisfied.

Pancakes, waffles fill me up extremely! I rarely eat omelette's as that much egg grosses me out, but when I used to they'd fill me up for hours. Cereal fills me up for a couple hours. If I want to really fill myself for minimum 5 hours then I have pancakes (2 max) or a waffle w/ hash browns or side of fruit and I am fine till it's time for a late lunch or early dinner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2005, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Gord, you're not alone. Yet some people are exactly the opposite, and if they eat anything for breakfast they are hungry all day.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
(male)

nedfrin HB User

well, i have an awkward schedual. On weekends when i wake up at around 9-10ish, i dont feel hungry, and can control myself. On school days i wake up at 6:20 and feel like im dying if i dont eat. Also- once i eat, i feel hungry again in a bit... and if i dont eat at all... it will catch up and i will feel better than i did when i ate... I also would like to mention i take adderal...
I noticed if i take adderal before i eat, i can control my appetite better... If i eat and then take it i feel like i didnt eat anything

ALSO:---- When i eat breakfast, and while going to school i pick up a coffee, it suppresses me and i can live until lunch...

I think my hunger is related to thirst.. but i drink alot of water in the morning...

Last edited by nedfrin; 04-10-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Maybe you're eating too late at night - that usually makes people feel hungry in the morning.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I am a mix of several types.
If I eat a breakfast that is almost all carb (like pancakes and syrup) I am soon hungry again.
But a high protein breakfast like eggs and a slice of toast, or smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel half, lasts me pretty long...often til mid-afternoon.

But as Aunt Judy implies, if I eat NOTHING but coffee, I simply do not get hungry AT ALL and can easily go to 1 or 2 PM with no problem. But if I eat the TINIEST bit of food, I am soon voracious! It's always amazed me.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #7
(male)

nedfrin HB User

Actually... Thats the same way with me...

"But as Aunt Judy implies, if I eat NOTHING but coffee, I simply do not get hungry AT ALL and can easily go to 1 or 2 PM with no problem. But if I eat the TINIEST bit of food, I am soon voracious! It's always amazed me."

Old 04-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
IBut as Aunt Judy implies, if I eat NOTHING but coffee, I simply do not get hungry AT ALL and can easily go to 1 or 2 PM with no problem. But if I eat the TINIEST bit of food, I am soon voracious! It's always amazed me.
haha me too. Sometimes I eat a little because I know i won't have access to food for a while and then within an hour I feel hungry again!! I'm such an idiot coz its eating that MADE me hungry in the first place.

And I know what you mean Gord about not being hungry on the weekends - theres something about getting up late that just kills hungry and something about getting up early that leaves you giddy with hunger. I wonder why?!

Closed Thread