It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #1
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Exclamation Oh My Dear... A Binge Of Fate.....

Well... Last night i sorta went to a party and got a drank... and then i made a bad decision by eating way too much; because when i drink.. i feel too good to resist the foods that i can never have sober. I love it until the next day, where i lower my calorie intake and start over.. Although im freaking skinny as hell.. I freak. I also gain weight in like my neck from binges like this.. and its weird.

But here it goes:
Last night i Ate:
2 Coldstone Creamary Icecreams
1/2 an Angel food cake
3 Bags of poptarts
1 Mini pizza
2 Blueberry muffins
1 reeses cup bag
cereal with whole milk
WHOLE BAG OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS
A whatchamacallit candybar
a homemade cheese quesadilla
1 bagel bites package
1 soy icecream sandwhich
2 cokes
1 vanilla mrs.fields cookies package
and 4 large donuts...

(i felt sick while eating the last things, but i felt so hungry...)

I am a mess... now THATS a binge.

Also- I had a large breakfast, lunch, and dinner... Yow.

I also have another question.. Eating this much food can do what to me since im so skinny... Since the intake is so much can my heart hate me? Also- since i ate SO MUCH and SO caloricly dense foods... is it going to be all absorbed and turned into fat?

meh.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User
Re: Oh My Dear... A Binge Of Fate.....

Are you male or female? What is your height and weight? How often to you binge like this?

This type of binge can wreak havok on your liver, your digestive track, and your glucose levels - its not just about the calories and fat. That is a lot of food, a lot of calories, and a lot of sugar. I wouldn't be so worried about your heart - but if you continue to eat like this you will eventually harm your body.

First and foremost your body can only use so much nutrition at any given time. When you overeat, the excess is perceived by your body as toxic waste and must be excreted out of your body by your liver and kidneys. If your liver and kidneys are working too hard in this detoxification mode, they are unable to efficiently do other things that are important to your overall health - like controlling metabolism, regulating cholesterol levels, converting carbs to usable energy, converting protein into amino acids to build and repair cellular structure, etc...

Eating this much carbs/sugar on a regular basis will cause your liver and kidneys to eventually malfunction... your body will have difficulty converting carbs into energy and instead store it as fat. This type of eating also leads to diabetes and/or hypoglycemia, liver disease, kidney disorders, and many other diseases.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
(male)

nedfrin HB User

male. 6"1. 129 pounds- and i only did this like once..

but am i going to gain like 2 lbs?

i exercised alot this morning...

does what your saying mean i should drink ALOT of water to excrete the wastes? Instead of lunch, should i drink only vegetable juice.... and repair my system...

Last edited by nedfrin; 04-10-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

I forgot to mention... The best thing you can do for yourself today is detoxify. Drink at least 100 oz of pure water throughout the day and don't drink anything else (no coffee, alcohol, soda, or juice, etc). Eat lots of vegetables, very small amounts of low-fat protein. Avoid sugar, bread, processed foods and all dairy products. This will help you feel better.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

One more suggestion. Eat beets. Eat a whole can. There is nothing better for your liver than beets. Beets will help your liver get back to normal after all the abuse it took last night

Old 04-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
(male)

nedfrin HB User

would fruit juices and stuff be good ? - whoah... thats probably why i gain weight in my neck/face when this happens... Im goign to only eat/drink veggy juice today, and for dinner probably have salmon/salad.. Would this prevent the neck fat deal or am i just gunna have to exercise that off..

Last edited by nedfrin; 04-10-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Old 04-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I dont think it is necessarily healthy to jump from one extreme (bingeing) to another (basically fasting). I think it is simply best to forget about it and try to move on in a better way from here. Eat healthfully overall and get physcial activity, and things will be fine. Make good food choices, dont even worry about drinking your calories (because it is compeltely NORMAL and ok to do!!), and just try to be healthier from here on in. Your body will adjust and "detox" itself without doing some crazy water drinking binge or something.

Old 04-10-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

I never recommended fasting... in fact if you reread my post you will see that I recommended not drinking juice but instead eating solid foods. I also never recommended a quantity of food (other than limiting protein) - I merely recommended what types of foods to focus on to give the liver a break.

Of all the people here, I would be the last one to recommend fasting... no no no!!! I am a firm believer in eating balanced meals and snacks often throughout the day (every 3 hours!).

Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #9
(male)

nedfrin HB User

lol... i weigh 133.5 pounds and thats prob water weights. yowch

Old 04-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

or too much salt in your body, causing bloating and retention...

Last edited by girlygirl11; 04-11-2005 at 12:57 PM.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Hey, just out of curiosity do you have an eating disorder? For someone as skinny as yourself you seem overly worried about weight gain and calorie consumption?
It sounds to me that you are very careful about what you eat so a one time binge will not harm your kidneys or liver beyong repair. This only happens when someone does it over and over again.
Remember everything in moderation. Sometimes we deprive ourselves so much that our body goes crazy. Perhaps the fact that you deprive youself made you binge like that because your body needs some sugar and some fat. But again in moderation.

Old 04-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I was going to ask the same question. 6' 1" male at 129 pounds - yikes!
Was this binge due to extreme restriction on a regular basis?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #13
(male)

nedfrin HB User

Yes. Why Lie? - I am right now trying to loose weight... cause im freaked about that binge.. im going to sleep with 1300cal intake.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:49 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

I guess what I should have stressed in my earlier post is that calorie reduction is NOT what will help your body overcome the binge (in fact it could make it harder). You need to maintain the amount of calories your body needs to function (in your case probably at least 2000), but "clean up" your diet for a day or two to overcome all the junk you ate the other night.

Someone here suggested that if you do nothing your body will heal itself and you won't really hurt your liver/kidneys. I suppose to some extent that is true (particularly for young,completely healthy individuals), but the fact is that you only have 1 liver and 2 kidneys and they are abused daily by the normal things we encounter in life. When you stretch the limits as you did the other night, you are effecting how well your body will cope as you age. This is FACT, not my opinion.

If you came here for advice on how to FEEL better or ACCELERATE the healing after your binge, my advice is sound advice. But remember, if you re-read my post, I never suggested that you fast or reduce your intake of food. I simply recommended what foods you should focus on and drinking only water and lots of it.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I think the bigger issue here is not how to detox after this binge - it's that you need to get help for your eating disorder. Severe binging and restricting is going to cause you some terrible health problems - both physically and mentally. Please consider speaking with someone about this...

Closed Thread