It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
what i ate today...! concerned a lil again.

hey! well, today was i dunno, i weird day. i went for a 20 minute jog trhis mornin and an hour long walk this aft. tonite i will be doing ab work and lifting weights. but food wise, i dunno...it seems like a lot yet its all healthy. lol. lemme know if u think it;s 2 much or not.

Breakfast:
Bowl of raisin bran cereal in skim milk
Orange juice

Snack:
Apple
Yogurt wuith grapes and raisins
handful of carrots

Lunch:
Peanut Butter sandwhich on whole wheat bread
Orange juice
Yogurt
Fruit to go bar
Special K bar
Raisn bran bar (note ---> i didnt eat this all at once.)

Later on snacks:
Apple
Grapes
Handful of carrots

Supper:
Well i never had supper yet, but i'll be having 3 chicken fingers at the hotel prolly. we're going to the hotel 2nite. rarely happens, so its more like a treat
Diet Coke

and yeah...if i watch a movie tonite or whatever ill prolly have a bowl full of airpopped popcorn. so yah. is this 2 much? i just felt so hungry today!

Old 04-15-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

jade112 HB User
Re: what i ate today...! concerned a lil again.

Sammy that does not sound like too much to me at all!!! Good Job btw. Sounds very healthy too. I agree with you I am so hungry today as well, no good girl, no good, lol Anyways, have a blast at your hotel movie night thingy tonight!!
Keep up the good work.

- Jade

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

hehe okay! i forgot to mention i had 4 crackers with light cheese. and more carrots. haha wow.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Well, it looks like roughly 1800-1900 calories, but for your goals I think its fine.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

sammyt im not going to write what i ate, bacuz you will think im a real pig..lol lets just say about triple what you ate..maybe more

Old 04-16-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Its all very healthy food, and its great that you are eating meals and snacks throughout the day. You are NOT eating too much food!

As I have mentioned before, you might want to consider adding a bit more protein to your diet for balance. Add some meat, an egg, tuna, cottage cheese, hard cheese, or even some soy chips (great source of protein).

Old 04-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

ok jdi, where have you been.?? and, soy chips contain protien.??

Old 04-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

heydee! HAHA well, last nite i also had a big bowl of popcorn and pretzels with diet coke. and yah, ill add more protien. today is going much smoother, i am still snacking but not all at once. i had raisn bran again this mornin, a nutrigrain bar, a fruit bar thinger, and 2 peices of grilled cheese n milk for lunch! yum! and tonite, we;re havin CHICKEN!!

Old 04-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
ok jdi, where have you been.?? and, soy chips contain protien.??
Been very busy at work... But I am still alive and kicking

Yes! Soy Chips have TONS of protein. Actually a much better snack compared to most snack bars or popcorn. I am looking at the label now - These are Genisoy Soy Crisps - cheddar cheese - they contain soy flour and rice - but no wheat - can you eat them? If you eat the whole 3.5 oz bag (as I often do) it serves as a meal, with 350 calories, 25 grams of protein, 49 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat. (27% protein, 55% carb, 18% fat)

They are a little high in sodium, but not too terrible, and I don't limit my sodium right now, because I drink so much water

Old 04-16-2005, 12:22 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

SammyT - you are trying to gain weight, correct? It's really great that you have such a great attitude about it. You are eating really healthy things and it's a good idea to be snacking. I agree with JD, though - you should add a little more protein. I've tried those soy crisps and they are really really tasty! If you're feeling like a "carby" snack, but want to squeeze in some protein, they are an excellent choice!

Old 04-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

Ooo those soy thinegrs sound good. i never really saw em be4. i live in a small town and our store is peeny. but who knows, maybe when we go to the city my mom can buy me some

Old 04-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdimassimo
Been very busy at work... But I am still alive and kicking

Yes! Soy Chips have TONS of protein. Actually a much better snack compared to most snack bars or popcorn. I am looking at the label now - These are Genisoy Soy Crisps - cheddar cheese - they contain soy flour and rice - but no wheat - can you eat them? If you eat the whole 3.5 oz bag (as I often do) it serves as a meal, with 350 calories, 25 grams of protein, 49 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat. (27% protein, 55% carb, 18% fat)

They are a little high in sodium, but not too terrible, and I don't limit my sodium right now, because I drink so much water
well im glad you'r still around, we lost Jessicca too.. ..oh well, im gonna have to check for those if I can eat them..im gonna check with my health food store..i also gotta check for ne contamination, ya know.

Last edited by Losec20mg; 04-16-2005 at 02:07 PM.

Closed Thread