It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

lovetocook2323 HB User
Exclamation can some1 plz evaluate?

okay...i dont eat alot at all...like i will have a packet of low sugar oatmeal with a tad bit of reduced fat no sugar added ice cream on top, then nothing for lunch, then usually oatmeal again or steamed veggies or soemthing for dinner. And i exercise like crazy every day...at home and at a one hour intense cardio class. But im not really losing weight, i think i know what the problem is, and if someone can clarify and let me know if this is it, id love to hear from you: There are always cinnamon-struesal muffins at our house, and i have a HUGE habit of eating the top half of the muffins ( because thats where the struedal topping is!) and the thing is...i eat like 7 tops a day. I guess because it doesnt seem like a lot of cals since its just the top. Is this where the damage is being done? Please help if you can!!!

Old 04-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

chlove HB User
Re: can some1 plz evaluate?

It doesn't sound like you're eating enough at all. You need to be eating regular balanced meals to raise your metabolism. Maybe if you try eating some lunch and a snack or two, you won't crave the cake. I'm sure you'll see the weight coming off if you show your body it's not starving.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
(female)

lovetocook2323 HB User

So do you think that the main reason im not really losing weight is because im not eating enough? thanks for your reply by the way!

Old 04-18-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
Veteran

liza2 HB User

Have you had ur thyroid checked? That could be a problem.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #5
(female)

tdot HB User

It doesn't sound like you're eating very well either, but then again you didn't really report what you normally eat in a day. Tell us what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner + snacks.

It's just from looking at your message, it doesn't seem to include any protein sources or variety of fruit and veg.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

You will be amazed at how your body reacts if you actually eat balanced meals. When I was trying to loose weight I went to a nutritionist and he gave me a plan it went like this:
Breakfast:Oatmeal or any cereal (with ten grams of sugar or less nothing higher than 10)
Snack: Yogurt with fruit
Lunch: Yogurt with muslei
or a sandwich with ham and tomato
or a pita pocket with veggies
or pita with hummus
Snack: 1 apple or orange or other fruit
Dinner: Grilled chicken/fish with veggies or salad
1 cup cooked pasta with 2TBS spaghetti sauce
And other food I liked
Snack: Low fat ice cream or fruit.

This is a general idea of what I ate. I too worked out quite a bit. Surprisingly I was never hungry on this plan and never wanted to binge because all my food groups were covered. Plus I lost all the excess weight in no time.
Bottom line is that you need to eat more and more balanced meals. What you are doing is skipping meals and that can be hindering your weight loss.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I'm surprised you aren't losing weight.
Lose the muffin tops, stop the sugar-alcohol laden ice cream "substitute"(put a Tbsp. honey on top if you want the sweetness.
Add some meat or fish...maybe canned tuna for a quick snack. Delicious and low-cal mixed with some pickle relish.
Your menu's worst aspect is the lack of protein.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jozi209 HB User

you may not be eating a lot but you may be getting in a lot of calories from all the junk you are eating. if you eat those 7 struddle tops, maybe theres 200-300 cals in each top, so at the max it can be 1500 cals just for that. and if you add your daily instant oatmeal, sugar, and ice cream, its no wonder why are not losing. you are being very hard on your body by not giving it the nutirents (proteins, fats, carbs) that it needs.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User

LovetoCook,

EEK! I'm really concerned about the foods that you're eating right now. Like other posters have pointed out, you need to eat more frequently in order to keep your metabolism going, as well as your body's organs functioning, as your body needs food to function properly. You need to make sure that you get protien, fats, and carbohydrates, as well as fruits and vegetables. If you're not crazy about meat, for instance, you might try tofu (which contains a fair amount of essential protein). Also, have you tried making blended fruit drinks? They are soooo good, and you can take them with you (provided they're stored in a cool place ) if you're really busy. You can mix and match different fruits that you enjoy, along with some ice and/or milk to make a yummy smoothie.

One more thing: try to reduce the amount of processed sugars in your diet (such as sugary muffin tops, sugary cereals, even sweeteners). Natural sugars are all right, though (such as is found in bananas, apples, etc.).

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of us on the Healthboards (or perhaps consider visiting a nutritionist). Also, are you taking any vitamins/minerals to supplement your diet?

~Colleen

Last edited by Musical_Muse; 04-19-2005 at 11:04 AM.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetocook2323
okay...i dont eat alot at all...like i will have a packet of low sugar oatmeal with a tad bit of reduced fat no sugar added ice cream on top, then nothing for lunch, then usually oatmeal again or steamed veggies or soemthing for dinner. And i exercise like crazy every day...at home and at a one hour intense cardio class. But im not really losing weight, i think i know what the problem is, and if someone can clarify and let me know if this is it, id love to hear from you: There are always cinnamon-struesal muffins at our house, and i have a HUGE habit of eating the top half of the muffins ( because thats where the struedal topping is!) and the thing is...i eat like 7 tops a day. I guess because it doesnt seem like a lot of cals since its just the top. Is this where the damage is being done? Please help if you can!!!
Wow!! You're basically malnurished and starved!! No wonder you can't lose weight - your body is desparately holding onto every calorie like its the last it'll ever see!!

Oatmeal is not really a complete meal - and that sugar free crap is just full of preservatives and extra fat to make it taste good. And muffins? Nothing but sugar, flour and butter.

I think what you need to do is eat FOOD!!! - steamed veggies, fish, chicken, tofu, eggs, nuts, fruit etc.

The way you're eating, you're setting yourself up for diebetes later in life and liver problems.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #11
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User

Eat more protein as it raises your metabolism! Nothing but carbs will just slow it down and make you tired!

Closed Thread