It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 05:37 PM   #1

CarryOn HB User
Severe bloating after eating

16 year old female here...
Every time after I eat (no matter what time of month it is) I bloat pretty bad. In the morning before I've eaten anything my stomach is flat, but by the end of the day after I've eaten 3 meals, it's bulging pretty bad. I never stuff myself or over eat so I don't know why I would have a problem with it. I have a pretty healthy diet, no fast foods and junk food... I'm a distance runner so I do eat a lot of carbs, would that have something to do with it? If anybody has some input I'd really appreciate it, it's kinda frustrating having a big tummy by the end of the day. Also, if it's something that I can't really do anything about, does anybody know of any kind of foods I could eat that would most likely not make me bloat... say, for a day of going to the beach in a bikini Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Severe bloating after eating

it is defenetly the carbs..what kind of carbs are you eating?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #3

CarryOn HB User

Well I haven't been loading up lately since I haven't been competing.... but for breakfast I usually have some kind of cereal, whole grain toast, or waffles... I try to throw in some protein such as yogurt or eggs. Lunch I'll have a salad or a sandwhich. Dinner varies... tonight I had vegetable soup, I have meat or fish a couple times a week, and a lot of pastas. I know I'm lacking when it comes to fruits and veggies... would it help maybe to eat less of my usuals and more fruits and veggies? Thanks for your help.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #4

CarryOn HB User

I just realized I pretty much gave you my eating schedule rather than simply answering your question The kinda carbs I eat are just a lot of pastas, granolas and breads, whole wheat for the most part.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

there is your problem. .. try organic pasta, or rice pasta..etc experiment with breads aswell. like maybe, Kamut breads, spelt breads, sprouted breads..etc.. see what happens

chow

Old 04-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

There could be a few reasons causing your bloating;
1) You could be eating too quickly and not chewing properly to the food is not broken down in the mouth and must undergo break down in the stomach.
2) you don't have enough digestive enzymes so the food is not breaking down
3) maybe you're eating gaseous foods
4) maybe you're drinking water when you eat and diluting the digestive enzymes
5) your portions are too big
6) you're eating too many carbs
7) you're not getting enough fibre

Old 04-20-2005, 06:27 AM   #7

CarryOn HB User

Thanks guys! Veggiegirl... what do I do if my problem is number 2?
2) you don't have enough digestive enzymes so the food is not breaking down

I'll definitely work on the other stuff first (ie. different kinds of carbs, more fibre, eating slower), but if it comes down to my digestive enzymes, can I do something about that?

Thanks

Old 04-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #8
(female)

Goya123 HB User

Try taking some Probiotics or Acidophilus. Live yogurt can also help.

Closed Thread