16 year old female here...
Every time after I eat (no matter what time of month it is) I bloat pretty bad. In the morning before I've eaten anything my stomach is flat, but by the end of the day after I've eaten 3 meals, it's bulging pretty bad. I never stuff myself or over eat so I don't know why I would have a problem with it. I have a pretty healthy diet, no fast foods and junk food... I'm a distance runner so I do eat a lot of carbs, would that have something to do with it? If anybody has some input I'd really appreciate it, it's kinda frustrating having a big tummy by the end of the day. Also, if it's something that I can't really do anything about, does anybody know of any kind of foods I could eat that would most likely not make me bloat... say, for a day of going to the beach in a bikini Thanks.
Well I haven't been loading up lately since I haven't been competing.... but for breakfast I usually have some kind of cereal, whole grain toast, or waffles... I try to throw in some protein such as yogurt or eggs. Lunch I'll have a salad or a sandwhich. Dinner varies... tonight I had vegetable soup, I have meat or fish a couple times a week, and a lot of pastas. I know I'm lacking when it comes to fruits and veggies... would it help maybe to eat less of my usuals and more fruits and veggies? Thanks for your help.
There could be a few reasons causing your bloating;
1) You could be eating too quickly and not chewing properly to the food is not broken down in the mouth and must undergo break down in the stomach.
2) you don't have enough digestive enzymes so the food is not breaking down
3) maybe you're eating gaseous foods
4) maybe you're drinking water when you eat and diluting the digestive enzymes
5) your portions are too big
6) you're eating too many carbs
7) you're not getting enough fibre