HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Do you ever just get bored with everything you eat? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/276940-do-you-ever-just-get-bored-everything-you-eat.html)

veggie girl 04-22-2005 01:24 PM

Do you ever just get bored with everything you eat?

I don't know why, but lately, i just don't fancy ANYTHING to eat. When I get hungry I don't crave/desire anything in particular so I just eat whatever.

Its like nothing excites my tastebuds anymore. :confused:

jade112 04-22-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Do you ever just get bored with everything you eat?

Hey-

Did you end up trying my Cauliflower mashed potato things? They won't excite your tastebuds.... but they are totally fun to make, and delicious!!
Also when i am bored with foods I eat things that amuse me like fajitas because they are fun to construct, kinda. Or try cooking with a friend that way you can both trade ideas. :)
Hope that helps a little

-Jade

singer1 04-22-2005 03:59 PM

yep, I know what you mean! :rolleyes:

Losec20mg 04-22-2005 04:46 PM

maybe your just a little depressed..for me food is just fuel..lol i get excited when I play my music ;)

LS289 04-22-2005 08:29 PM

Watch a cooking show or flip through a cookbook. That will for sure get you craving something! Always works for me....

llamamuffinmama 04-22-2005 09:34 PM

do you like different ethnic cuisines? you can find (out to eat) or make sooooooooooooooo many different and exciting veggie meals from different regions. i made a persian eggplant dish with pomegranate walnut sauce last week that was out of this world. there's indian, thai, vietnamese, japanese, chinese, african, greek, lebanese, moroccan, ethiopian, italian, spanish, mexican, etc.

if there's any type of food you particularly like or would like to try making at home, to excite your taste buds again, i might have a recipe or two i could share.

i can't even imagine what it would be like to be bored with food. lol. i'm a terminal foodie.

veggie girl 04-23-2005 02:42 PM

doh. sorry, duplicated. damned dial up!!

veggie girl 04-23-2005 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=llamamuffinmama]do you like different ethnic cuisines? you can find (out to eat) or make sooooooooooooooo many different and exciting veggie meals from different regions. i made a persian eggplant dish with pomegranate walnut sauce last week that was out of this world. there's indian, thai, vietnamese, japanese, chinese, african, greek, lebanese, moroccan, ethiopian, italian, spanish, mexican, etc.

if there's any type of food you particularly like or would like to try making at home, to excite your taste buds again, i might have a recipe or two i could share.

i can't even imagine what it would be like to be bored with food. lol. i'm a terminal foodie.[/QUOTE]

I know, I can't image that I'm bored with food either!! I make such a variety of food - thai inspired, indian, japanese, all kind of veggie stuff and yet I just can't seem to find anything that gets me going!! And I live in the city too so I have an amazing array of food at my disposal night and day.

Maybe I have TOO much variety!! I guess its like in the Tao Te ***** says that too much good food "dulls the taste." Maybe I should eat plainly for a while!

You said you make middle eastern dishes? I don't make many of those!!! could you post your favorite recipe?!! Thanks!!

Jogaholic 04-24-2005 09:52 AM

jade - what is your cauliflower mashed potato recipe? it sounds yummy.

Musical_Muse 04-26-2005 07:29 AM

What I have found is that food that is made from real ingredients (e.g. fresh fruits, veggies, etc.) tends to taste MUCH better than the processed foods. I have even picked up a cookbook (at the library for the moment, as funds are tight for me) whose focus is fresh ingredients. I, too, would be happy to share a recipe from this book with you. Also, strangely, I have found that cooking fresh is much less expensive, in general, than buying prepackaged food items ;) .

~Colleen

dfwgoodguy 05-09-2005 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=Losec20mg]maybe your just a little depressed..for me food is just fuel..lol i get excited when I play my music ;)[/QUOTE]

lol @ your finisher :)