It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Do you ever just get bored with everything you eat?

I don't know why, but lately, i just don't fancy ANYTHING to eat. When I get hungry I don't crave/desire anything in particular so I just eat whatever.

Its like nothing excites my tastebuds anymore.

Last edited by veggie girl; 04-22-2005 at 01:25 PM.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

jade112 HB User
Re: Do you ever just get bored with everything you eat?

Hey-

Did you end up trying my Cauliflower mashed potato things? They won't excite your tastebuds.... but they are totally fun to make, and delicious!!
Also when i am bored with foods I eat things that amuse me like fajitas because they are fun to construct, kinda. Or try cooking with a friend that way you can both trade ideas.
Hope that helps a little

-Jade

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

yep, I know what you mean!

Old 04-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

maybe your just a little depressed..for me food is just fuel..lol i get excited when I play my music

Old 04-22-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Watch a cooking show or flip through a cookbook. That will for sure get you craving something! Always works for me....

Old 04-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #6

llamamuffinmama HB User

do you like different ethnic cuisines? you can find (out to eat) or make sooooooooooooooo many different and exciting veggie meals from different regions. i made a persian eggplant dish with pomegranate walnut sauce last week that was out of this world. there's indian, thai, vietnamese, japanese, chinese, african, greek, lebanese, moroccan, ethiopian, italian, spanish, mexican, etc.

if there's any type of food you particularly like or would like to try making at home, to excite your taste buds again, i might have a recipe or two i could share.

i can't even imagine what it would be like to be bored with food. lol. i'm a terminal foodie.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

doh. sorry, duplicated. damned dial up!!

Last edited by veggie girl; 04-23-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamamuffinmama
do you like different ethnic cuisines? you can find (out to eat) or make sooooooooooooooo many different and exciting veggie meals from different regions. i made a persian eggplant dish with pomegranate walnut sauce last week that was out of this world. there's indian, thai, vietnamese, japanese, chinese, african, greek, lebanese, moroccan, ethiopian, italian, spanish, mexican, etc.

if there's any type of food you particularly like or would like to try making at home, to excite your taste buds again, i might have a recipe or two i could share.

i can't even imagine what it would be like to be bored with food. lol. i'm a terminal foodie.
I know, I can't image that I'm bored with food either!! I make such a variety of food - thai inspired, indian, japanese, all kind of veggie stuff and yet I just can't seem to find anything that gets me going!! And I live in the city too so I have an amazing array of food at my disposal night and day.

Maybe I have TOO much variety!! I guess its like in the Tao Te ***** says that too much good food "dulls the taste." Maybe I should eat plainly for a while!

You said you make middle eastern dishes? I don't make many of those!!! could you post your favorite recipe?!! Thanks!!

Old 04-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #9
(female)

Jogaholic HB User

jade - what is your cauliflower mashed potato recipe? it sounds yummy.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:29 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User

What I have found is that food that is made from real ingredients (e.g. fresh fruits, veggies, etc.) tends to taste MUCH better than the processed foods. I have even picked up a cookbook (at the library for the moment, as funds are tight for me) whose focus is fresh ingredients. I, too, would be happy to share a recipe from this book with you. Also, strangely, I have found that cooking fresh is much less expensive, in general, than buying prepackaged food items .

~Colleen

Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
maybe your just a little depressed..for me food is just fuel..lol i get excited when I play my music

lol @ your finisher

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 05-09-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Closed Thread