It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Overeating when lonely

I just realized that the only time I overeat/binge is when I am lonely. And that is how I have felt tonight!!
I am so extremely full right now. I feel SO disgusting!! Here is what I've eaten today. How can I avoid this overeating!?!?

Breakfast: Banana, Grande Nonfat Latte
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, pickle
Snack: Apple and mango cut up in nonfat yogurt
Snack #2: Soy crisps, pretzels and baby carrots
Dinner / Snacking while making dinner:
Salad with lowfat dressing and beets, avocado, tomatoe
Lots of steamed brussel sprouts, lima beans, and corn
Chicken breast
2 pieces of lowfat cheese
peas
Dessert:
frozen yogurt, chocolate covered soy nuts, 8 SF chocolate covered almonds, mini hershey chocolate, crushed graham cracker...
(I'm sure I forgot something)

I feel like I am out of control!! Especially since after dinner I was stuffed, but insisted upon all those sweets!!! I couldn't resist!!!

Last edited by LS289; 04-22-2005 at 09:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Re: Overeating when lonely

I forgot to mention that the reason why I am feeling lonely is because all of my roommates/best friends had to do different things tonight and all of my friends seem to be busy, so I am just hanging out at my house alone. AND I have the daunting task of writing a 15 page paper this weekend hanging over my head. So I guess rather than think about those two things, I decided to eat a ton of food so that I can think about the throbbing pain in my stomach. Hmmmm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Are you telling me that what you ate is alot.?? I really don't think so..hmm don't worry and, don't think you'r the only one doing this. LOL..I think you ate normally..yup

Old 04-22-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Well, I am judging that it is a lot by a) how absolutely full I feel and b) I totaled up the calories (a rough estimation) and it's about 2,500...maybe more!

I don't usually eat this much and I could tell I was doing it out of loneliness because I was eating very fast and completely ignoring my bodies signals. I just hate that feeling of being out of control.

I am technically supposed to be trying to gain a few pounds, but I still don't like overeating like this. Any ideas of what I could do when I feel that loneliness coming on or if I can predict it so that I don't overeat like this in the future??

Old 04-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

you gotta put your mind somewhere else..have you got anthing you really love to do.?? normaly when i play my music, im not hungry..so if it works for me, it can for you..just gotta find somthing to replace the lonliness/boredom. Trust me it works ..

Old 04-23-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

It's just hard because now (it is the next day) I feel myself trying to compensate for overeating last night. I've only had coffee with nonfat milk this morning and I feel like I can't have a good lunch, either. All I keep thinking about is how disgusting I felt last night and how much food I consumed.
I can't tell if I really did overeat tremendously, or if it is just my head telling me that I did....
I'm sure that after eating smaller meals today AND going to the gym and running for 30 minutes I'll feel a lot better.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

So for lunch I had a piece of wheat toast with egg beaters, 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese, 1/2 a grilled tomatoe, and an apple. I just want to get back on track! I still feel intoxicated by what I ate last night. Specifically the chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered soy nuts, mini hershey bars, graham cracker and frozen yogurt! So many sweets!!

Old 04-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I know whatcha mean about eating when bored!! I do it often - ESPECIALLY when I have homework to do!!

I think the only way to combat eating out of boredom is to get out and do something, anything - but thats easier said than done as sometime we don't go out coz its too cold or coz we're on a budget.

Have you always been like this, or is this a recent thing?

Old 04-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I guess I've sort of always been like this, but I live with 6 other girls at school so I'm never lonely and I've had a pretty easy semester at school so I'm never overwhelmed by work. This weekend has been different, though, because I was all alone last night AND I have a huge paper to write!
Haven't gone to the gym yet today, but I know I'll feel better after that.....

Old 04-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
I guess I've sort of always been like this, but I live with 6 other girls at school so I'm never lonely and I've had a pretty easy semester at school so I'm never overwhelmed by work. This weekend has been different, though, because I was all alone last night AND I have a huge paper to write!
Haven't gone to the gym yet today, but I know I'll feel better after that.....
Food is such an emotional comfort. Sometimes eating something can make us feel like all is okay with the world. I think most of us eat for comfort.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I agree - but it doesn't have to be! I would have rather gone out and met up with other friends or even gone to a movie by MYSELF than eat all that food. But instead, I eat it all, then feel like a fat hermit and don't want to leave the house or be seen. I am feeling 10000 times better today because I ate healthy yesterday and went to the gym, but I still want to come up with a plan for avoiding these incidents in the future...

Closed Thread