It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

samizzle79 HB User
Smile Binger..

Hi,
Im not sure if anyone else has this problem where you eat healthy all day until late afternoon and after dinner time. I eat normal size meals for breakfast and lunch but for some reason after school and dinner, i eat whatever i can find. It's hard for me to say "C'mon, just stop it!"

So, if anyone has any suggestions for me, that would be great. Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

Magnolia29 HB User
Re: Binger..

i used to binge, a lot. But then i started eating larger breakfasts and lunches, about 600cals each, kept track of the cals and i noticed that when i come home from school im not even hungry, only hungry enough to eat like an apple or something. So maybe just try increasing your breakfasts and lunches? But keep track of the cals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

missmanda05 HB User
Cool Re: Binger..

I agree with the last poster about the big breakfast and lunch. I do this alot when I have time I pack up some things I know thats healthy and tasty too in lil baggies....Like some veggies: carrots,brocolie and cucumbers then add some fatfree italian dressing it marinates it and its so good...then seal it up and fridge it!... I have plenty of those waiting on me. Because I can eat all I want of those and no worry about it. I also cup bananas up and seal em up and freeze the whole bag, man its good taste like icecream its smooth and melts just like it! I'm sure you will think of some more ways to help with your afternoon snacking...Hope I helped some, have nice day!!

Old 05-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #4
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

Thanks for the tips! The recipies sound delicious. Just one other question, would increasing my breakfasts and lunches make me gain any weight??

Old 05-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Not if you increase them and adjust the rest of your meals. For example, if you increase your breakfast and lunch, you might want to decrease or eliminate one of your snacks or soemthing. Eating to hunger is always best though, so if youre hungry then eat and if youre not, dont!

Old 05-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #6

viver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samizzle79
So, if anyone has any suggestions for me, that would be great. Thank you!!
Assuming that you're not ingesting foods that can induce cravings in some people (e.g., diet foods), there's one other thing you might consider. I used to have the problem of binging or emotional eating after school and at night. If I wasn't keeping my mind entertained, the cravings would come and I'd quickly satisfy them with food. I think that it can be the case for some people that's why I mentioned it.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

One more question...I heard that if your hungry, try to drink something first because often it is your thirst deprevation that is telling you that your hungry. So, i try to drink a lot of fluids but i often feel bloated. Is this normal?

Old 05-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

It's not thirst that makes you feel hungry- youve got that a lil mixed up! The reason ppl say to drink first is because often people CONFUSE hunger and thirst. That being said, if it has been 2-3 hrs since you last ate and you are feeling hungry, eat something because it is most likely hunger and not thirst. Bloating is a personal feeling that I find uncomfortable (like im sure most people do)- there isnt anything WRONG with feeling that way, but why would you want to? You are probably drinking too much to "test" your hunger or thirst feelings..

Closed Thread