It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

Magnolia29 HB User
Few questions calories, and fats

Is it alright if my biggest meal of the day is breakfast? I usually have 5-600 calories for breakfast, then with a 200 cal snack before lunch. I eat 1700-2000 cals a day, and i wanted to know if this is okay to eat that much for breakfast. I also workout very early in the morning before school, so im just wondering if i am eating too much in the morning.

Also, It seems my only source of fats is from peanut butter. I dont really eat meat, but i drink protein shakes and etc to make up for the lost nutrients. I eat about 6 tablespoons of PB a day, totalling about 48 grams of fat. I do manage to eat about 60 grams of fat but wondering if its okay for this much peanut butter, because i realize i need fats in my diet, but dont really like foods with fats as i basically live on veggies. I know PB is low in saturated fats though... what do you guys think?

Old 04-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Few questions calories, and fats

There are quite a few "experts" of various types who say breakfast ought to be the biggest meal of the day. So you are fine, there.

The oil in peanuts is very good . . . the only problem I can think of is that I don't think it has a full range of essential fatty acids (omega-3s, found most plentifully in oily fish like salmon, mackerel, etc.). That could be taken care of with a good fish oil supplement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

missmanda05 HB User
Talking Re: Few questions calories, and fats

I eat alot of peanut butter also I heard its really good for you, I eat the reduced fat kind I eat it with banana's apples and make a sandwhich for lunch too....Wheat Bread with 2 bananas and 2 tablesoons peanut butter. Its really filing and very tasty too. also I have heard from a few ppl that peanuts are known to help get rid of your belyl fat! and hey who couldnt use help ther I know I could!

Old 04-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I don't think there is any problem with eating that much for breakfast or anythign. I usually have 5-600 Cals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and have 1 snack of 300 and one of 200 Cals.

As for the PB- while it isn't by far the worst fat you could be having, you should still aim to get a variety of foods (and fats) in your diet. Try diff types of nut butters maybe, or try different meats and oils to get a feel for what kind of things you may like!

Old 04-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I think it is great that you eat a big breakfast! It keeps you from feeling deprived later on and feeling the need to binge. Also, it gives you the energy you need for the entire day.

Peanut butter is an EXCELLENT thing to include in your diet. It's very good that you realize the need for fat. Do you like avocados? This is another great way to get the "good" kind of fat. As Auntjudy mentioned, peanut butter and avocados do not contain the omega-3s that are in things like salmon. If you don't like salmon (or other things that this fat is in), you really should consider a supplement.

Good Luck!!!

Old 05-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #6
(female)

samizzle79 HB User

I'm not very hungry in the morning so its hard for me to eat bigger breakfasts but later on in the day i find myself to binge eat. How can i help this without gaining any weight?

Closed Thread