It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Salt stabilizing... too much water... help?

ok... so i drink a HELL of alot of water.. and get these tremendous headachs/confused/delerious/tired feelings... i mistake hunger for thirst, and thirst for hunger... So what i do is drink alot during the day..

now to my knowledge, HUNGER is a pain in the stomach... not tiredness/delerium. you can function cant you?

I haave felt better after eating ketchup packets... and whatnot...

i now use ALOT of salt on my eggs in morning to balance it..

i know sodium/ potasium plays vital role in water retention/circulation stuff

but whats your comments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 04:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User
Re: Salt stabilizing... too much water... help?

i'm no scientist or expert, but i think you may be doing yourself more harm than good by drinking so much water and eating all that extra salt to 'balance it out'.
drinking water is good for you, well all know that. but there should be a limit. drink when you're thirsty, and ensure you get 8 glasses a day. thats all you need really, maybe more on days that you excercise. if drinking all this water is making you get all these weird symptoms then i assume its your bodies way of telling you you're over doing it.
we should all know too that adding extra salt to our food is bad for us. it can lead to heart trouble and many health problems. my advice is to lay off the extra salt, and just drink a sensible amount of water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 05:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

GORD,
You are going around in circles.
The way to balance too much water is with LESS WATER not more salt.

Everybody's definition of "a lot of water is diffent." Some people think they are waterlogged with 2 quarts a day, others panic if they only have a GALLON...and I know some people who force 2 gallon (nuts, I know!)

Your head symptoms sound like water intoxication to me!

Old 05-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
(male)

Nixona HB User

Just to throw 2c in, I drink about 2 gallons of water on my exercise days, M-F...But I've always had to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. I get headaches, have trouble focusing, and feel lethargic if I try and cut down water intake. Then again, I have sweaty genes, my parents both could get dripping wet climbing a flight of stairs.

When I was in sports in high school, anytime I had a physical with a urine test the doctor would call and tell me to drink more water, something about ketones showing up in the sample. I think there are people out there who do need a lot of water, but Gord doesn't sound like one of them.

Closed Thread