It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
(male)

lewise HB User
my diet, little bit of help needed

just stumbled across the boards hope you can help me

ok, i aint a strict diet, id not really be good on one of them due to my lack of liking salads and most other healthy type foods...

but anyways, im currently weight 13st 7lbs, and only being 5ft 5" im currently just over 2 stone over weight according to one of them 'ideal weight calculators' my personal aim is 12st, so it's kinda accurate.

anyway, ive got a bet with my partner that i'll get to 13st 2lb by the end of may which is 12 days (5lbs in 12 days), i dunno if that aim is possible but here's what im eating, if anyone thinks im on the right path could you let me know.

breakfast - bowl of high fibre cereal.

dinner - ham baguette, packet of crisps or a well cooked meal (something like oven chips with a fish or turkey)

i dunno if that's a good plan or not, but that's what i eat on a daily basis (well i have been for the past week), perhaps i have a nutrigrain bar to snack or a low calorie chocolate bar.

for drinks, i drink water regular aswell as low calorie squash and sometimes red bull.

i drink alcohol once a week (sometimes twice).

as for exercise, i work a pretty hand-on job so i probably burn plent of calories doing that, maybe a little running would help too.

now i have absolutely no idea about dieting, but will i get anywhere like that?

anything will be a help.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User
Re: my diet, little bit of help needed

Well high fiber cereal is great! It will keep you fuller throughout the day. but I didnt see what you ate for lunch? You shouldnt skip lunch because then you will probably be eating much more for dinner. Your meals shouldn't be soo different in sizes either.
For drinks...I dont know what low calorie squash is..but I dont think red bull is really healthy for you
Water is excellent (thats all I drink, plus green tea)
You should start drinking green tea because it has EGCG in it which helps your metabolism work faster.
If you are drinking red wine as your alcohol then thats great...but if you are drinking beer, then thats probably going straight to your gut...even though once a week isnt bad, its still not a necessity and i think you could cut it out of your diet for a while.
If you don't like salads that much, thats okay..but you should be getting enough veggies in your diet..So try to incorporate a veggie during your dinner..Instead of crisps or oven chips....have broccoli, green beans or squash or a sweet potato.
Just remember, dont cut out meals because that is not the way to lose weight...the right way anyway
Hope this helps a little

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 11:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User
Re: my diet, little bit of help needed

Hi, Lewise

In addition to Xismybaby's suggestions, I want to also add that eating smaller meals more frequently will usually also aid in increasing the metabolism, as your body isn't worried that it won't see another meal.

~Colleen

Closed Thread