It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Why did I feel crazy at dinner?

Tonight when I was deciding what to eat for dinner I felt like I was going crazy. I was snacking on everything until I could decide and so by the time I ate my meal I was full!
Could it be because I didn't eat enough during the day? I feel like I definitely did though. Please tell me what you think...

Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Big turkey sandwich on wheat bread with french dressing (ate about 3/4 of it)
Snack: Cherries, Large apple
Dinner/Snacks: Handful of chocolate chips , Carrots with 4 tbsp hummus, reduced fat wheat thins, string beans with LF parmesan cheese, swedish meatballs(lean-cuisine dinner) with LF parmesan cheese

Now I am craving something sweet, but I am so full that I can't eat it yet...
I guess this post was pretty pointless. I just feel sort of badly about how/what I ate, but I know it will be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Re: Why did I feel crazy at dinner?

Oh, I should add that I ate 2 graham crackers with light cream cheese, some berries, some vanilla nf yogurt, and a few tastes of cookie dough (while I was baking)....

Am I seriously out of control?!?! I feel like I am going to become huge!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
(female)

alotamiles HB User

Try to avoid eating fruit by itself. Combine it with a protein or a fat. Doing so will slow down the time it takes the fructose to hit your system, thus avoiding the spike and drop effect.

If you find yourself eating uncontrollably at dinner, it's because you didn't get what you needed throughout the day.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

It could be the timing of your meals. If you eat lunch at 12:00PM and dinner at 8:00PM and nothing in between, sure you're going to be hungry before dinner and start snacking on whatever is quick to grab. If you eat lunch at 12:00PM and supper at 4:00PM, you stand less of a chance to snack between meals. Also you may not be eating enough. If you're trying to keep everything low-fat, then you will have to eat more to get your total cal. needs in. Low-fat food has a tendance to be low in cal. as well. That doesn't mean you pig out, but you do have to try to eat the right amount of cal. your body needs. Snack on some fruit or nuts instead of the chocolate chip cookies.

It is normal to crave various foods every now and then; however, you shouldn't be craving the stuff everyday. Cravings can be brought on by emotional stress, hormones, or hunger. It isn't wrong to give into a craving, if you do not over eat what you are craving. Sometimes you can even find a less evil substitute to curb those cravings. Chocolate flavored rice cakes are better to eat than candy bars. Hershey's kisses are ok too, if you're happy with just 1 or 2. It's when you polish off a 1/2 - whole bag of candy, you know you're in trouble.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I think skipping breakfast was my first mistake. I ate lunch around 1 and then ate dinner around 7pm. But I wasn't even starving when I decided to eat dinner (at least I don't think I was). Sometimes I think my stomach forgets to send hunger signals to my brain and so I don't even realize that I am legitimately hungry and it is OK to eat!

Today I am trying to make up for my night last night. I woke up late (11:30ish) and had some coffee with milk. Now I am eating an apple cut up with turkey slices and some LF cottage cheese for lunch. I am going to run a few miles this afternoon, too. Do you think I'm OK?

Is it ok to eat cereal every morning for breakfast (with cottage cheese and fruit) or is that too high carb?

Closed Thread