It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
what we ate today..

hehe i like these kind of threads...k well, this is what i ate so far today and i know what im going to be snacking on tonite cuz its a MOVIE nite!! hehe.. Okay.

Breakfast:
Bowl of Raisin bran w/ skim milk
Orange Juice

Lunch:
2 peices of grilled cheese (block mozzarella cheese)
glass of skim milk

Snacks:
flavored water --->10 cals per 591 mL so it counts.
Beef Jerkey
Frozen yogurt with raisins

Supper:
salad with lettuce, grated carrot and radish, croutons, grated cheese, seasoned almonds, Thousand Island dressing (spicy kind!)
2 peices of SnAusage with ketchup and BBQ sauce mmm..haha
peas and and chops carrots
brown rice
2 peices bread
Skim Milk

Movie snack:
BIG bowl of airpopped popcorn with no butter or salt, handful of pretzels, handful of Spudz, and a handful fo some kind of low fat baked crisper thing.
Can of diet root beer

aaahh, what a good food day i am gaining weight so this makes total sense. it seems like a lot but u know, once u think of it, it really isnt. u guys prolly think im a fat cow but im recoverying from an ED and i skipropped for a half hour today. i do cardio every weekend and strength train on mondays. wednesdays and fridays, and play baseball on tuesday and thursday. Oo and on mondays and wednesdays i have gym class and we usually run the track like 4 times then play soccer...HUGE workout. neways, catcha Later!

Post watever U ate

SammYxx0x0x0x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
(female)

Vixen541 HB User
Re: what we ate today..

hmm what I ate today...

Breakfast: 6ish
1 cup cheerios, fat free milk

Morning snack: 10ish
1/2 cup yogurt with 6 blueberries

Lunch: 12:30
side salad and can tuna

Supper: 5
pork chop, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup corn (steamed)

after dinner snack: 7
cup of french vanilla international coffee sugar free, 30 cals.

tomorrow i am going to splurge and make blueberry pancakes (probably 2)with warm milk mmm love it.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
(female)

missmanda05 HB User

hi all, btw SammyT that dont sound like alot most of it is pretty healthy. Remember you hafta enjoy life sometimes dont let food rule your life...Eat something really good and just do your best. Thats what I do anyways smiles.

What I had yesturday because today isnt started lol

Breakfast

Apple
Banna
16 once water

Lunch

water

(wasnt hungry)

Snack

lowfat strawberry icecream

Dinner

Grilled chicken with onions and tomatoes on a grilled pita
small side salad with lowfat ranch
diet pepsi -I treated myself with the diet pepsi =)

Movie snack

water
fatfree doritos

I really need to get more veggies in and more grains and fruit too..most days I do but weekends are tough because im so busy....I'm trying =)

Old 05-22-2005, 07:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

holy wow hun! u need sum more protien and carbs

Old 05-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #5
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User

I think these kinds of posts are a bit useless because everyones metabolism and stuff is different and why does anyone care to read what others eat? To compare?

Sheesh. This will probably turn into a comparing or bragging (look how little and how healthy "I" eat) type of thread.

Can't we be less obsessed with food all the time?

Old 05-22-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

well this is the diet and nutrition board. lol. and sorry i just get curious what other ppl from across the world eat. haha

Old 05-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I understand you point sugar babygirl, but i disagree a little. I don't think people will use this to necessarily brag or anything..most people here are secure with what they eat and the amount, so seeing what someone else eats shouldnt bother them (if it does, speak up!).

I think this tpe of post may be helpful to some who either eat too much, eat too little, or just don't eat helathy in general. For example, when missmanda05 posted, everyone can clearly see that she needs to eat more, period. This may help her to achieve and maintain a healthier weight, and may help her to see that food isn't the enemy! It is also a way to share recipes or food ideas for others to try.

No one is making you post here, so don't feel obligated just because it's there! Usually these posts dissapate in a couple days to a week or two, so it likely won't be around LONG.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

well said! haha

Old 05-23-2005, 08:37 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygirl11
I understand you point sugar babygirl, but i disagree a little. I don't think people will use this to necessarily brag or anything..most people here are secure with what they eat and the amount, so seeing what someone else eats shouldnt bother them (if it does, speak up!).

I think this tpe of post may be helpful to some who either eat too much, eat too little, or just don't eat helathy in general. For example, when missmanda05 posted, everyone can clearly see that she needs to eat more, period. This may help her to achieve and maintain a healthier weight, and may help her to see that food isn't the enemy! It is also a way to share recipes or food ideas for others to try.

No one is making you post here, so don't feel obligated just because it's there! Usually these posts dissapate in a couple days to a week or two, so it likely won't be around LONG.
VERY well said girlygirl. Please explain to me Sugarbaby how this thread is related to bragging and competing. This IS the diet and nutrition board and Sammy's post was valid and personally, I like threads like this cause sometimes I generate and apply some of the ideas from other's eating habits. It's YOUR choice about how you eat and YOUR choice weather or not you want to participate according to the subject. Please don't take this harshly but I hate when people get offended by something in which may affect how others may want to post. ANd you said "WE" are obsessed with food, well everyone has different intentions and goals and it doesn't necessarily mean that we are going to copy what everyone eats, but many people enjoy reading about how others eat maybe for new ideas, or just plain old entertainment and curiosity. It's not about "bragging" or "comparing"(maybe to some, but prolly a VERY few, and that never even crossed MY mind.) I know we all have different metabolisms and we should know ourselves what types of food that suit us, so like I said it YOUR choice. I'm sorry but I HAD to reply to this post because I think that your impression to the meaning of this post is wrong. And your opinion is valid(because it's YOUR opinion) along with everyone's opinon so don't get me wrong, but I personally couldn't help to state mine. And, I know that we can all state our own opinions because that's only one aspect of what these threads are all about!

BTW, I'll post what I ate later.
Not to great yesterday but here's what I ate
Breakfast: Zone perfect bar
Snack: Large glass of fruit and veg juice with a scoop of perfect green food supplement
Lunch: Bowl or orgainic type raisen brand(forget the name).
Dinner: 2 pieces of pizza with green peppers
Snack: Watermelon, pineapple, yogurt, and a serving of cottage cheese
Suppmlements: the perfect green food( as I mentioned) one cal mag(25% d/v) , and fish oil. Didn't use flaxseeds yesterday but willl today

Last edited by Jess75; 05-25-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

LOL Jess.. too much

anyways here's me

breakfast

corn waffles with penut butter(organic)
hot milk with organic cane sugar
banana

lunch

2 chicken sandwiches on buckwheat bread
bowl of brussel sprouts (all home made)
with extra virgin olive oil + balsamic vinegar

break

yogurt
ginger cookie
cheese

supper

home made risotto melanessa with parmesan and, rapini and, beans (all home made)

tv snack

rice crackers
water
baby carottes

Old 05-25-2005, 06:16 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

haha now THATS my type of menu hahaha ill post what i ate today later..lol

Old 05-25-2005, 06:22 AM   #12
(female)

zusanna HB User

What I had yesterday.....

Breakfast:
bowl of cereal (south beach diet toasted wheats) w/ skim milk
coffee
Snack (mid morning):
cup of red grapes
Lunch:
honey roasted turkey on whole wheat bun
baby carrots
apple
water
Snack (afternoon):
vanilla ice cream cone from Mcdonald's (couldn't resist ) But their ice cream is reduced fat
Dinner:
Sweet and sour chicken w/ brown rice (home made)
side salad w/ ff catalina dressing
banana
cup of skim milk
Snack (tv snack):
bowl of light popcorn
diet coke

I like reading these posts. It's interesting to know what others eat and it helps me to know whether or not I'm doing ok with my eating. I think I am. I get around 2000 cals a day now. More than what I used to (I'm a recovering anorexic). I've gained 8 pounds in the last 2 months and I weigh 100 now which is ok for my height, I'm 5 feet tall. I try to eat pretty healthy and I get plenty of exercise. I do pilates and yoga and I also walk everyday as long as the weather permits. I still have a ways to go before I can say I'm completely recovered though. I still freak out at times when I think I've eaten too much and I'm still consciously aware of the calories I consume, which I shouldn't be. But I'm making progress

Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 AM   #13
(female)

alotamiles HB User

This kind of thread can be helpful as long as we keep in mind that we are all different. What one person eats can't be used as a cookie cutter for others to follow. Our exercise habits, genetics, emotions, metabolism, etc. play a HUGE role when you talk about diet and nutrition. And Girlygirl, people won't admit it like you did, but there's definitely some competition on a certain level. We all judge each other; that's our human nature. Good call on that one.

If I were to list what I eat on a regular basis, you would all picture a whale of a person and make a point to tell me that I need to cut my calories and not eat so much. What you wouldn't know though is that I also run 18-20 miles a day. Get my point?

Keep in mind too that all of our goals are different. When people see the word "diet" they imm*****ely think "weight loss". I commend this site for having made the distinction.

I personally think it would help if we included more information instead of just what we eat... that's my two cents!

Everybody take care!

Old 05-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #14
(female)

tdot HB User

This is what I ate yesterday! It was a pretty good day!

Breakfast:
500 ml water with liquid chlorophyll
1/2 cup Mini-Wheats
1/2 cup 1% Milk
1 pear

Lunch
Peanut butter sandwich on 7 Grain bread
3/4 cup Strawberry Activia yogurt
1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce

Supper
1 cup Light Cranberry Juice
2 slices homemade pizza (thin wholewheat crust, ham, chopped tomatoes, cubana and orange peppers, and provolone cheese)
1 cup homemade Caesar salad (dressing made with plain low-fat yogurt as the base)

Snack
3/4 Vanilla Activia Yogurt
1/4 cup Cashews

As you can tell I LOVE Activia Yogurt. It is higher in fat (3% M.F), but it has guaranteed 1 billion bacteria per serving!

Old 05-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #15
(female)

jade112 HB User

Breakfast-
Tea w/splenda and Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2
1 Special K Waffle
1/2 cup Berries Fruit salad

Lunch-
Baby Carrotts and Mustard
1/4 cup Tuna w/ Fat Free Mayo, mustard and celery

Snack-